• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

One more whit 945 T5

Cool! Looks tricky

It was ...but the hardest part was leaning how to read the schematics and then finding out were to hock up the power ...it only toke about 100 hours to get my head around it and after i grasped the concept it toke about 4 hours to connect everything.

More progress.

The oil filter on the t5 engine is right were the swaybar is located, it actually hits the swaybar.
There are a few solutions, one is to try to find a swaybar from a 760 but those are about as easy to find this days as rocking horse poo, one could go all Sellholm but that is really really over the top.
So i bought a oil filter adapter and holder, that way i can move the oil filter from the engine and put it next to the oil cooler.

pic?s to come

It?s geting really close to start up ...tomorrow I?ll weld the downpipe and 850 cat (for tec inspection ) after tec I will weld the 200cell cat back on.

Monday we will fit the oil cooler and oil filter will get moved.

Still have to sort out the fuel rail and fuel line extension but that should be done asap.

Fuel rail done.
I modified the original fule rail.

before.

After.

We welded shut the original fuel line in and drilled a hole strait in to the fuel rail using what was left of the original in line, threaded it and poped the fancy stuff in :)

Previous owner of the engine/trans did your modified oil pan? Any pictures of how it turned out? I understand keeping them flat / holding oil is a bit tricky.......

Here are the pic?s of the oil pan ....a bit later than promised.

After moving the oil filter I thought that the sway bar would fit with out any mods, well I was wrong.

So I "made" a adapter to drop the swaybar 5cm (2 inches) 3.5cm would have done but it?s always good to have some extra space.
Don?t drop the swaybar any further as that will cause other problems

This is full steering with the 5cm (2inch) adapter

Last edited:
What do you guy?s think about this...:)

speedhunters-volvo-940-need-for-speed-tribute-yasid-oozeear.jpg

While trying to solve the wastegate issue I fitted the oil return ...I however still have the wastegate issue!!!

Took the turbo and manifold of the engine to see how we are going to solve the wastegate issue.
You can see how we originally thought we had solved the problem.

Not much done today.
Bolted the shifter in place ...that did not take much time, however finding the bolts I removed a long time ago took more time :)

Propshaft up and looking good now I really need to bleed the clutch.

Oil return and that bloody wastegate arm ...soon to be sorted, I have to shorten about 7mm of the AN fingy that go?s in to the turbo ...that will insure that the arm runs freely.

Wheres tzhe Problem? Just fab a new bracket which makes the WG come a bit more to the upper right on that pic

that would make the wastegate arm run att an angle and that is not good, the solution presented it?s self after I loosened the locking ring on the turbo so that the compressor housing could rotate , then I shortened the AN thread in to the turbo and mounted the oil return hose.
The compressor housing turned so much that I had to re-rout all of the piping to and from the turbo, but now the wastegate arm runs freely.

Back