• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

post pics of your 240 on cut springs..

212584-2297471.jpg

Any decent spring will not sag. Bushings will.

20+ year old stock springs will. At some point in time all springs will. happens in NASCAR within 500 miles sometimes.

If it were not true valve springs would last forever in race engines. Yeah I know different app, but it's still a heat tempered spring.

No cut springs. But maybe it'll give you a bit of reference.

Here's a pic of my 1991 240 sedan, with the new style blue IPD Sport Springs and Billy HDs along with all the other IPD Susp components.
And that with all new bushings/completely rebuilt suspension in case you're wondering about that.

All done at one time.......

100_6976.jpg

Last edited:
While it isn't as low as others pictured, it is low enough for my preference, and as a daily driver where I actually have to deal with odd driveways,speedbumps and other common obstacles on public roads .

That's actually what I'll be doing with mine, probably around February. Cutting the springs was a means to an end on the cheap, but the plan was always a complete IPD suspension makeover eventually.

My old 244. 3 coils in the front. 2 in the back. Bilstein HD's and super old crappy bushings.
fully.jpg

Last edited:
reference

Just as a reference. A stock strut with stock spring and and a red koni shockabsorber.

Seems 2* coils can be easily cut and the shock won't be loose. Maybe 2,5, i didn't measure exactly.

*measured from the very beginning so including the flat part at the top.

ps sorry for bumping an old threat

Last edited:
Back