• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Omni by PPG is a good cheap single stage paint that holds up well.

orange245030.jpg

Omni locally for my color was way over priced. I mean insane. Looks good though I must say. I should get the same finish when I’m done.

Agree with Pat on the skirts.

My local shop had Limco Supreme Plus, which is the BASF budget single stage. I used it in the engine bay and underneath the car and was really happy with it.

Budget relative when it comes to paint... it adds up.

I?ve read some great reviews on the Eastwood collection. I was going to go with Nason again. Still may do it. Either way i will keep it fresh as long as possible.

Haters are going to hate for sure when these wheels are unveiled. But st the end of the day it?s my car and it?s what I want. I?ll be happy for sure.

Tuff240 may just have the hookup. Seems like every time I see a pic of him he’s got a gun in his hand.
Hard to have a hook up when you paint in Seattle one day, Portland the next and LA the next.
At home in CA I can get wholesale price, but I usually just talk nice at the local automotive paint supply and get a fair over the counter price. It's not like I'm doing fancy paint jobs with candies and other expensive stuff. The fanciest thing I painted was Bergen's 4 stage pearl white engine bay. Hated doing that. I much prefer solid single stage colors just for cost and ease. I am not a professional painter.

Pretty ghetto but that nail was welded to the metal patch to hold the patch from falling into the car.
Ahhh, that's actually a nice idea. Get some gas for your welder, though, and you could do nice welds to go with it! :-D

Paint wise, not sure if this is global or not, and it's not as cheap as it used to be, but I've sprayed something called caprithane a few times and one of those in a turquoise green has been out in the weather for 15+ years and still looks mint. IMO almost anything 2-pack will probably produce decent results (ahhh isocyanates <3). Stay well clear of single part lacquers, they really suck to use.

Beautiful 245! Love what you’ve done. Wish Photobucket didn’t kill your previous pictures throughout your build. I’d love to see the earlier stages. Right up my alley!

For sure I need to get some gas on my welds. I’ve been procrastinating. I bet I could be a decent mig welder. Definitely no lacquer for me. I tried the tractor supply single stage enamel and I wasn’t impressed. I could have made it work but it would require a ton of color sanding and buffing which I really don’t plan on doing unless I have a ton of mistakes to fix. I used the Nason under the hood. It was the cheapest paint at the paint supply at the time. Mixed it with some wet look catalyst. Came out decent.

Memories:

5CUWeD4.jpg

vQTsao9.jpg

little ass turbo how cute
HBhcRlG.jpg

Beautiful 245! Love what you’ve done. Wish Photobucket didn’t kill your previous pictures throughout your build. I’d love to see the earlier stages. Right up my alley!

Here are a few of my favorites. Hope you like em'...:

ZXkTEV0.jpg

eoMuR32.jpg

IjEo3nm.jpg

YvUCG6c.jpg

ICY3BaA.jpg

2OKUpKP.jpg

VPRytzO.jpg

Last edited:
IjEo3nm.jpg

You nailed the engine bay, very impressive and a lot of work shaving what you did, not sure why your build is named boosted on a budget, looks expensive!!!

Aha looks can be deceiving. It’s titled on a budget because I am doing everything on my own and as cheap as possible. If you only knew...

iTB’s are sweet. Looks good. I feel like I have seen that car before when I was looking into shaving the bay.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Back