• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

by far one of my favorite 122's on the forum, great job, definitely sets the standard for my 122 sedan

Wow killer looking 122. You do great work. Still remember standing in the driveway watching a guy drive off in my old mans '67 122s wagon for $300 thinking "wait a minute what just happened?!" I was 17 with 2 2nd gen Camaros and an 84 240 wagon so couldn't really convince him to let me have it....... I won't even get into the feeling of the last 544 leaving......
Anyhow great looking car! Subscribed...

That tunnel came out super nice after a simple kero-bath. Nice!!

Thanks guys!

Finally got the car down to the shop and got a little more done today. Slowly working up to getting the motor in. Should have the rest of the old tunnel cut out and the new tunnel riveted in tomorrow. I'll get it welded sooner than later. I'm really excited about the short shifter. I think it's really going to feel like a different car. I can't even believe it's getting this close to being running again. It only spent one season off the road!

2ZodwQO.jpg

Got the tunnel to fit down on the old one. It's still gonna need some tweaking and some relief cuts but it should fit in there nicely when it's all done. I have to get the engine in first so I can see where my shifter is going to sit when it's all done.

UalDfs8.jpg

It won't be making it to this one either. The engine isn't even in and it will still need an exhaust after that. So, unfortunately, the wagon is coming. Maybe next week it will run again?

Thanks Chris! Maybe you can answer this: is there a B20-specific heater hose that connects the upper outlet on the heater core to the water return that runs back to the front of the block? I bought the molded 90* hose but this engine came with a water return that is shaped a little different and rather than swap this pipe for my old one I'd like to just get the correct hose. This engine was from a '74 140.

You need to turn the 90 degree elbow in the back of the head and use the water pipe from the pump that came off the B18.

And it looks like you're using a bottom hose at the top of the rad......

Plus I think I put that one up there on the wrong pipe from the heater core, correct? Shouldn't it run to the upper one?

You need to turn the 90 degree elbow in the back of the head and use the water pipe from the pump that came off the B18.

And it looks like you're using a bottom hose at the top of the rad......

It's not pushed down on the thermostat housing. I have a new replacement for that but I had to cut out early for the day.

If the engine came out of a 140 then you just stick a bar in the 90 degree elbow and turn it a bit further, the thread is tapered so it'll go. It shouldn't need much force.

Well the engine ran for the first time yesterday. Sounds good. Need to change the oil, retorque the head, readjust valves, and fix exhaust misalignment. It's rattling on the floor and so so annoying. Possible vids later. But probably not.

Also picked up some Style 5s today for what I considered to be a a good deal. $400 for the set. Tires are no good. They need a little refinishing work but all are straight. I'll either redrill to 4.5 or see if I could trade centers with someone. Color is undecided yet but I'll most likely go for something dark.

f4ISlnO.jpg

Sweet! Thats a really good deal for those. Are they the 17x8 et 20 ones? cant wait to see what they look like on the car. What size tire are you going with?

Sweet! Thats a really good deal for those. Are they the 17x8 et 20 ones? cant wait to see what they look like on the car. What size tire are you going with?

Those are the specs exactly! I'm just going to swap the 205/50s from the TSWs over once the BBS are done. I think next time I have to buy tires I'll go with 215/45 or 225/45.

Back