• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

I've always been hesitant on using a hitch rack. I have a light duty 3 place trailer I haul with, tows bikes just fine and cuts down on the hitch weight. I'd recommend that setup since it takes so much strain off the hitch mount on the chassis.

I like the gas fill one.

Samesies
Sorry you lost the bike, give me a call, I'll send you down a Husqvarna or KTM ;)

I have a chip on my shoulder after I could never get my dad's huskie chainsaw to run right, it blew (like, completely grenaded) three motors before we gave up and bought a stihl. 3 stihls later, still happy and they all still work as new.

A KTM though:drool:

I bought some old style stainless hood pins a while back, but am having second thoughts. They're pretty big. Went to the rally in Portland and saw some cool, compact units. Recommendations?

HoodPinSparco1270106962.jpg

3038-010-PLUS.JPG

Car is running crappy tonight. Discouraging. Won't idle.

Got the new mirrors on. Washed the compound out of the crevices. Should look sharp(ish) with a coat of wax. The wife says to put the roof rack back on, so we'll see how that looks.

Saw an elderly gal driving a mint 245 today. Probably the original owner. Good for her.

I bought some old style stainless hood pins a while back, but am having second thoughts. They're pretty big. Went to the rally in Portland and saw some cool, compact units. Recommendations?
Thought they were cool on street cars when i was younger. Now I just see them on Hondas with a big fart can out back.

... Recommendations?
3038-010-PLUS.JPG

I used these. They look great, also come in white, and are paintable. They latch pretty easily, and when unlatched its easy to see from the driver seat. They take a fair amount of time to install. So plan for about 2x what they say it takes.

Oh, and the flush ones that you have in the pic there dont leave any wiggle room so your holes need to be absolutely perfect in size and shape. The ones that mount on top give you about 1/8" of wiggle room if you need.

And the hazing begins... LOL. If I can't be fast, maybe I can "look" fast. In a Volvo. No, wait...

Those flush mounts look super snug with respect to the holes. Not sure I'm up to that.

And, exactly, what are all those snorkels in the photo for? :wtf:

Another salvage run today: front bumper trim and that spring thing for the cargo floor / rear seat hinge.

Should I buy a "big rod / squirter" motor (that doesn't sound right) and put an aftermarket turbo kit on it? Or Look for a smashed turbo car and swap everything. Gotta say, I'm at home with carburetors. This dark-magic electronic stuff scares me.

And the hazing begins... LOL. If I can't be fast, maybe I can "look" fast. In a Volvo. No, wait...

Those flush mounts look super snug with respect to the holes. Not sure I'm up to that.

And, exactly, what are all those snorkels in the photo for? :wtf:

Another salvage run today: front bumper trim and that spring thing for the cargo floor / rear seat hinge.

Should I buy a "big rod / squirter" motor (that doesn't sound right) and put an aftermarket turbo kit on it? Or Look for a smashed turbo car and swap everything. Gotta say, I'm at home with carburetors. This dark-magic electronic stuff scares me.

:nod:

Then put it up on jackstands for 36 months, spend $3K - $5K on go fast parts, fail to get it running, take a sound beating parting it out, and tow it to PnP for the $60 they're paying for a car without an engine.

Then trip over said engine in the garage for a couple years whilst the boys play Letterman's 10 Best Reasons to Nix a TB Deal with you.

Why are you going to do drag racing?

Half the stuff I say is BS, and the other half untrue. While a motor would be fun, I've got a laundry list of more important reliability and maintenance concerns ahead of horsepower glory.

I gotta say though, the 454 in my old truck was soo much fun.

Picture%20035-M.jpg

Polish and wax done. Roof rack on. Mileage badge installed. New mirrors are great. Useless struts suck. First to second shift takes about 10 minutes. Exhaust sounds great. Manual steering is really slow. Cleaning, always cleaning. Then cleaning some more...

025-M.jpg

:nod:

Then put it up on jackstands for 36 months, spend $3K - $5K on go fast parts, fail to get it running, take a sound beating parting it out, and tow it to PnP for the $60 they're paying for a car without an engine.

Then trip over said engine in the garage for a couple years whilst the boys play Letterman's 10 Best Reasons to Nix a TB Deal with you.

That's exactly what happened with old my truck. I hurt a main bearing at the drags and started to fix it, which snowballed into "I'll just soup-up XXX." Which led to "I better get out of this before I spend my kids college fund..."

Back