• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Got the bulkhead push-lok fitting for the VEMS internal MAP sensor in.
What the ****, this thing is huge. I hope it fits.
photo%285%29.JPG

Fixed the Formula team's autoclave, tested out the hot press (hasn't been used in a while) on some crabon. Gotta change the set up a little to get proper resin flows throughout, should get rid of the weird spot in the middle so I have something GOOD ENOUGH for the 240. :-P
DSC_0059.jpg

Skip the uber-welfare relays. Those things are good stomping on and throwing in the garbage and that's about it.

What do you recommend for relays?

If you're going to use the standard little square ones, get bosch ones. I had one of those hella 40 amp ones as a fuel pump relay for a while. On the dyno if you did a few hard pulls in a row (working the pump hard), it'd get so hot you could almost burn yourself on it and the car would start to lean out. :lol:

I have taken to using the biggass 60amp fuel injection relays as used on 960's- also 850's got a 50amp version I think. Much beefier.

Skip the uber-welfare relays. Those things are good stomping on and throwing in the garbage and that's about it.
They are nice volvo/bosch relays.
If you're going to use the standard little square ones, get bosch ones. I had one of those hella 40 amp ones as a fuel pump relay for a while. On the dyno if you did a few hard pulls in a row (working the pump hard), it'd get so hot you could almost burn yourself on it and the car would start to lean out. :lol:

I have taken to using the biggass 60amp fuel injection relays as used on 960's- also 850's got a 50amp version I think. Much beefier.

Good tip. I'll raid a few at the JY this weekend. Where are they on the 960?

They are nice volvo/bosch relays.

Ok. I could have sworn that is the oval Hella logo on them.

Good tip. I'll raid a few at the JY this weekend. Where are they on the 960?

In the engine bay clipped to the inner fender, can't remember what side but they're in fairly plain sight IIRC. They're grey.

Ok. I could have sworn that is the oval Hella logo on them.

In the engine bay clipped to the inner fender, can't remember what side but they're in fairly plain sight IIRC. They're grey.

Oh shi, you're right. Well I won't use them for the fuel pump either way.
Thanks.

I'd use the standard cube relays, Bosch or Tyco or whatever, cause then you can get new panel mount sockets and terminals for them...

I'd use the standard cube relays, Bosch or Tyco or whatever, cause then you can get new panel mount sockets and terminals for them...

I've located a couple 50Amp relays in that style from Tyco. Should be here pretty soon.
TycoWhore.jpg

The V2313....

Back