• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cheap Mods 940 Turbo Wagon

ethrty

hey guys! recently picked up a '92 940 Turbo Wagon for DD duties, and just wondering if there are any cheap mods to get it moving a little faster? really dont want to spend much, if anything at all, and reliabilty is key, so i may be nuts for even suggesting it.

Have almost completed an engine conversion in another car so no stranger to engines in general, but never so much as been in a Volvo before buying this one, let alone worked on one!

Thanks all!
Andy

A quick summary......
Disconnect the wastegate vacuum line, Its extremely restrictive.

thanks guys! was planning to gut the airbox and consider freer flowing exhaust. disconnecting the wastegate vacuum line you reckon.. any chance of a photo of what you mean? havent worked on turb'd engines before..

A good choice could be the Sebcon Box from Stoni. http://www.stonis-world.net/
I have this Box in my 91 940 Turbo and it woks very good.

If you want more Power without spending money so you can modify the wastegate rod. If you make it shorter you?ll get more pressure. If You have the Garrett Turbo with the threaded rod so you can turn it shorter. If You have the Mitsubishi Turbo you have to put shims between wastegatecan and the bracket.

Yeah it will have a name plate like old carburetors (if you're old enough to know what those are :-P): My Garret turbos say Garret on the front of the cold side housing. I can't remember if the Mistu says anything or just has the name plate.

Another way to tell is to look at the waste gate rod and see if the shaft is threaded, and has a lock nut on it at the waste gate. It will look similar to this http://www.ipdusa.com/version.asp?s...rParents=70,190&P_ID=826&CAT_ID=190&V_ID=1680

Back