• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brake Failure

But what would cause the rotor temp to go so high? I was thinking that maybe it was a stuck caliper before. The only other thing that I have noticed on that side is that the E-brake shoes are a bit tight on that side. It is a bit difficult to get the rotor over them. But that has been that way for as long as I can remember.

And is there any reason why it is always the inner seal on that caliper that goes bad?

Didn't I skim over something in the Bentley about the alignment of the pistons in the calipers? 20 degrees on that angle cut or something like that? Just a thought.

Does it seem to brake OK? Rears lock up in the rain easy, etc? There are proportioning valves on the rear. Just another thought.

The parking brake shouldn't be that tight I don't think. Did yours have the star wheel adjuster thing or the early non-adjustable one? Mine was non, e-brake works, I didn't mess with it, was no interference putting the rotor on in the rear.

There is also a spec for centering the caliper over the rotor, I don't think it's common but they can be off center from the rotor, had to shim a 911 once.

Car is braking pretty well right now. That driver's side E-brake has always been tighter than the other side. Maybe it just needs a proper adjustment. I've been too busy fixing everything else to get around to looking at that. Maybe I can have the mechanic take a look next month. Adjustment is at the back of the handle I believe.

Back