• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So I paid $250 for an m46

Big Lan

Face in the carpet
and it came in this really cool package

img5562smalllq8.jpg

img5563smallkm4.jpg

img5564smallxz6.jpg

img5565smalllh7.jpg

img5568smallyb7.jpg

img5571smallfz2.jpg

Got it to my house the day after doug's bbq, but I hadn't had any time to really do anything to it until this past sunday.

The PO (real nice guy btw) told me he had his neighbor help him jump the car, hooked the cables up backward, and the car no longer ran. Bought a battery, tossed it in, and it fired right up. There's a charging issue, the voltmeter stays at 12v, and the battery light comes on with the key off, so I'm thinking blown diode(s) in the rectifier bridge. I'm just gonna buy a new alternator rather than try to fix this one, though I may rebuild it just to have a spare around. Now to update the sig...

Edit - I'm going to try to keep a running tally of the costs of this thing. Some of this I'm approximating as I probably won't be able to find the receipts. I'll put it here so it's easier to find.

Car - $250
Wiring harness - ~$350 from Summit
Red top - ~$150 from Costco
Driver's seat - ~$25 from pick & pull
E-fan - ~25 from pick & pull
Sheetmetal for gauge panel - ~$5 from Home Depot
Gauges - ~$300 from Summit

Last edited:
I also made this video of the exhaust

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s74.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/BigLan82/The%20245/MVI_5570.flv"></embed>

LAN! you lucky dog! $250 well spent. any plans to make it go faaaassssstttttaaaaarrrrrr?
I was thinking about a b230 and "LH" (read: megasquirt) swap, but after I saw how Justin's 242 ran at Doug's bbq with kjet and a b21, I don't know now.

Nice deal!
I think I saw it on Craigslist?
Thanks man. He did threaten to put it on CL, but I got to him first. I also unwittingly beat another tbricker to the deal. Sorry Mike...:oops:

Oh btw you two, I posted my pics from pat's bbq in the thread. No pics of your car Chris, shoulda stayed for the drive ;-)
now you have to find a real flathood grille to use with the quad rec's
Got one coming.
Hot damn! Great looking color man!
I love this color, BMW Avus Blue from what I was told. Decent shape overall. It's got a few places where it didn't stick, and the hood's pretty bad (the PO's PO painted it in his garage) so I'm gonna flat black the hood and touch up the other spots.

I love this color, BMW Avus Blue from what I was told. Decent shape overall. It's got a few places where it didn't stick, and the hood's pretty bad (the PO's PO painted it in his garage) so I'm gonna flat black the hood and touch up the other spots.

Flat black. Good man.

It's weird how many Tbrickers have made a blue 245 purchase these last 2 weeks.

Back