• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TD04-13 on VW 1600 upgrades

s38

Whats up guys, I am just wondering about different turbine housing options for the TD04 on my VW street rail. Currently I have the stock conical housing I believe, did any cars come with a bigger outlet housing I can use that has the same flange mounting?

-Rebuilt 1600 DP
-Single Dellorto DRLA 40 blow thru 7-12psi
-MS2/extra doing spark and fuel pump currently...009 dizzy 1.5ohm flame thrower
-RRFPR
-Volvo IC I can't remember what model it came out but it fits perfectly :rofl:

Runs like a champ and has for about 4 years now

sounds like you have the 13c td04.... i believe thats the biggest option they had. If you want a bigger turbo you can make the jump to the td04hl series that came on the FWD volvos.

The tdo4 hl came with 3 different housings,

the conical, the straight, and the angled.

Angled is the best, straight can be ported to be pretty good too, conical is the worst of the bunch.

Man thats so cool, and those bbs make it even better! By the looks of it, if you step up to a td04hl (13t,15g,16t,18t,19t) an angled housing would work for you (it sweeps back for you) and flows the best.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll poke around the junk yards and see what I find. Here are a few more pictures

Saab 900 boost gauge, '77 924 tach and '87 924S 170mph speedo

Those BMW E38 wheels have Direzza Z1 star specs on them, grip real nice.

Oh and here is my other project...

Last edited:
You will find 15g, 16T 18T, and 19T in the junkyards. 16T is probably the most common these days. the larger the number the more flow the compressor has. They all have the same turbine wheel.,

Back