• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which wheels for 960 Taxi?

Hoggster

Its time to put tires on the taxi and I have to opportunity to switch wheels at the same time. I have four different sets of FWD wheels that will fit it. I took pictures of the car with three of the wheels on it for comparison.

The last set that I didn't photograph are Perfos, 16" wheels from a S70 T5. They are similar to the Columbias but with thinner spokes.

Original wheels, Mercurius:

Columbias:

Antilas:

I'm leaning towards the Antilas because they are 15" and all the others are 16". They are 5 lbs lighter than the 16s and tires should be cheaper.

those last wheels look funny because the tires are too small....

Id just stick with the stockers. easy to clean, easy to replace, not a race car :lol:

Late 960 hubs have FWD offset. All Volvo wheels are 5x108 and have the same center bore, except the odd 4 lug but those only came on crappy cars anyway.

17s would last a week on the cab.

Put commuter tires on some 17s... Problem solved... Falken Sincera SN 211.

It's not the compound, it's the low profiles. I loathe low profile tires and have already destroyed more than my share of Volans. You just have to look at those wheels wrong and they split in half. I'm out in the country and people have me driving up tractor trails and stuff, the thought of doing that on fancy wheels has me chuckling.

You're the only person that's ever going to notice, but Perfos.

Yeah, I rode around on mismatched wheels all last week and no one said anything.

I would take pictures with the Perfos on there, but they have funny sized mismatched tires on them and would look weird because of it.

This,I even know someone with a set

But seriously for. Better ride for you/passengers I'd go for the15s
More rubber lasts through more impacts
That said
Appearance wise i would go for Columbias or perfos
As far as cost per tire 16 and up is becoming much more common
There are good deals to be had on tires for 16s

I'd possibly go to a taller and thinner tire and squeeze a little more mpg

Late 960 hubs have FWD offset. All Volvo wheels are 5x108 and have the same center bore, except the odd 4 lug but those only came on crappy cars anyway.

17s would last a week on the cab.

Late Volvo wheels have a smaller centerbore and higher offset than the WWD wheels, as much as 76et.

Put commuter tires on some 17s... Problem solved... Falken Sincera SN 211.

^This keep the stocks and go with those tires. I have them for my Scorpious wheels for winter. I get better gas mileage, and they are smooth and quiet. Plus the warranty is great.

Back