• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ROADKILL and volvo

Very cool. Its nice to see someones writeup where they did their homework too... so many volvo performance fluff articles out there full of misunderstood quotes (i'm looking at you NYT. Yes im still bitter), this ones actually very well done!

More coming in Roadkill magazine. Myself and several others were at Zip-Tie drags with swapped Volvo's. Elana and the guys took notice, there was a mention of swapped Volvos from Freiburger on a Roadkill Extra too. Elana was going to get my car and some other Volvos for a photo shoot, but the photographer ended up missing mine because there were so many there. Elana asked me to send my photos and story so that she could put it in the magazine. Here is the online article: http://www.roadkill.com/engine-swapped-volvo-wagons-ruled-the-2017-zip-tie-drags/

And mention for the next issue:
y4m57IKGIuYNjnuwZk3vciA4JhGWup-OyT1eFTE-oRWE6cf7WblBzrt4B4onmtbCyOouyIpLC0PU3LCjtYNsMogLeVKNG1WUmaTXin2XjL064PdZiEY5HbL_wQiix--b3VCjiqcu6fpNuJz4Eg97Z0NE_6MKGw40rvqZJPwg5wJLOWkOW6WE6zwTAvrBGygDWOUzcDaYTy6Xd-8xXBVOiEMUA

I might renew my subscription to MTOD if they did a Volvo.

I was a huge Roadkill fan. Somehow the MCM crossover ruined the magic for me...

-Ryan

I thought there was some people that were still waiting on parts, something with the sc/intercooler kits. Maybe they've finally received them or were refunded, been a while since I've been on swedespeed.

His comments in HRM weren't very positive.

I don't agree Mike. What Freiburger said was that he "couldn't deny that a V8 Volvo was the essence of hotrodding" (or something to that effect). Personally, I loved it...... the Swedish RWD machines have made it to the big time.... how far away can an LS conversion story be? Hell, it could be your car!

You can search Performance and read how it was kicked about by TBers (and the guys themselves whose cars were pictured in the editorial)

Just search Freiburger on the V8 (swapped) Volvo

I'm totally ignorant about ROADKILL but perhaps will begin paying attention...... but then I'm old school and still get a paper HRM in the mail each month.

Back