• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

so... pics !! :)

First... facts about EGT-Sensors pre/past turbo.. the blue sits in the collector the red 3-4" past the V-band i never had an idea that the difference is so "easy" to see ;) Also the values on the blue one are acting much much more dynamically to rpm and lamda changes than the red one.. so.. if you wnat to go EGT put it preturbo
IMG_2832.JPG

And the new crankcasevent... i also used the little factory elbow with the nipple going to the intake.. some volvopro told me that this little nipple is essential to a working crankvent... the hose around the fan will go in the alutube preturbo in the future when i finally can weld aluminum.. so long it will be open, same to the popof which will be replaced with an Type RS closed... ...asaih a TIG-Welder ;) reason for me to want everything closed is... LH2.4 ;)
IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

Last edited:
i hope in the next few days...

right now we're messing around with the ezk which will not work.. im testing with factory 219er, so wrong ignitionangles... sounds like diesel :D

also the 850er injectors arent working as i want... it leans out after resetting the adaption within the first 3 minutes and idles like crap on 1.21 then...

but i get the bucket delivered on a trailer this week so i dont have to drive 120km to work on it ;)

Why? You wanted to visit me ? ;)

I will do a Northerngermany TuningWeekend during June/July,

Maybe you dutchguys will come to have some beers ? ;)

What's the part number for that German tensioner? I've got that black one from yoshifab also and I don't want to run it..

Simon

+1

I have two of the dang kits :/. Didn't know about the tensioners breaking, thought is was just the belt issue.

........... You've got some explaining to do Ricky!;p

yep.. about 1.5.... :/

we are still having troubles getting it on lambda1 with lambdafeedback enabled..

we now have a setup with feedback off on l1 in idle and 0.8 while driving.. so we can burn a chip and put the ostrich to the ezk for setting up a proper ign.. still running much too much advanced ign from 219 factory code on the 16v head..

also gets pretty hot on idle cause of the advanced ign..

Kannst mir eine M90 schicken? Vielen Dank :-D

Also es sieht voll Geil aus. Waren die Ventilen eigentlich beschaedigt, wann der Spanner gebrochen war?

no... sometimes im a ****in lucker as hell ;)

i forgot several sealingrings and had to disassemble the belt a few times.. so i recognized it before hitting the roads...

sending a m90 wouldnt be a problem... do you want me to get one to you?

tell me a price youre willing to pay and check out how to ship... but i believe getting it to ya costs more than it does itself ;)

thx for your compliments :)

Hahaha, yeahhhh, good thing you caught that. I forgot to recheck the tension on the timing belt the other day when resetting the timing gear, and almost had the belt slip out (somehow drove ~160km like that, gulp!).

My timeframe to purchase an M90 would be ~12-18 months. I think they usually go for 1000 Euro (DM 2400? Hahaha, looks like Deutschland might be leaving the Eurozone soon!) with shipping if I'm not mistaken. Granted I would want the flywheel, clutch lines, driveshaft, shifter and the other ancilliaries so I don't have to figure out an aftermarket solution for them ;-)

hehe yeah.. sometime i feel like Obelix.. just that i didnt fell in a pot of magicdrink but pure luck :D

one time i had the crankpulley fell off cause somebody (not me this time ;) ) forgot to fasten it.. the belt was on the gear just a millimeter left cause i shut the motor instantly after having the christmastree on in the cluster :D

so.. purchasing an m90... you can have everything, except for the driveshaft from me... lever, clutch, flywheel and stuff.. so you (or me) just need to get a proper one via ebay or the german VF and i can send it to you... but thats the problem.. how to get a gearbox to teh US for cheap?!

1000€ ist viel zu teuer ;) you can get 2 M90 in absolutely mint condition for it prices are around 250-550 related on their condition.. the most of them are around 120k miles...

but you have to check shipping on your own cause i dont know how to ship things that big to the US?? maybe expense allowance`? right word? dont know :) and we can get that thing rolling... i always have a bit of compassing reading you US guys complaining abut M90s :D

Hahaha, yeah we are stuck with the AW transmissions. They suck for anything other than drag racing. Out on the road you are out of the engine's power band 50% of the time when you mash it. When going off a stop it's a dog and on the highway it's also a dog as it downshifts to way too low a gear. I hate automatics.

The 1000 euro tag was including shipping. I will look into it. I know that the Brits put them on crates and a 3PL carrier takes care of the rest.

oh.. ok... btw... 1000€ are around 2000DM ;)

Yeah.. autotrannies suck ! i drive one in my 960.. arrr.. lame.. and eats power.. but easy burnouts on wet tracks :D

crates... yeah.. so easy ;) maybe i should do a company.. shipping M90s to you :)

That would actually be pretty cool. If we can get enough in, they could be a viable alternative to the T-5 or 265.

Back