• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

I like where you've gone with the car. you've given it a lot more character than it started out with.

I checked out your album btw, sounds pretty good! I'm not huge into reggae, but you guys definitely have talent! :cool:

Thanks man! Yeahhh, it was definitely your standard "single mother low on money" car in the beginning haha.

And thank you!

Hey throw some white injectors in. Turn the boost up and you definitely need a handbrake of some sort.

Oh, also for that track you were on were you in second? You may need a shorter axle ratio maybe 3.73 or even a 4.10 to get more wheelspin

Hey throw some white injectors in. Turn the boost up and you definitely need a handbrake of some sort.

Oh, also for that track you were on were you in second? You may need a shorter axle ratio maybe 3.73 or even a 4.10 to get more wheelspin

Definitely gonna turn the boost up soon. Funny thing about the handbrake...I put brand new shoes in and it held the car on my slightly inclined driveway for a day. Then it just gave up... I also have a rusty fitting on the rear brake line that goes to the rubber soft hose and then to the t. Since I couldn't get it off, I just put a brass junction piece and another rubber hose to get the rear brakes hooked back up. Needless to say...It's MacGyvered and it leaks. So my solution for both no handbrake and leaky brakes, when I get some spending money, is gonna be a hydro handbrake with new lines to the rear t piece.

Yeahhh, I have found out the 3.31 is no bueno for pretty much any drifting. Takes a second to actually put the power to the wheels. Stock S13's have something like 4.08 or similar and they definitely feel snappier

My friend gave me a head unit so I finished installing the sound system.

BYJNoL3.jpg

All i had to cut the mounting hole out with was a hobo freight 4.5" angle grinder....so obviously it wasn't the cleanest cut haha. Came out nice enough for what it is though...

Since the wiring from the head unit to the amp plugs in up front, i wanted to make it look as clean as possible. I drilled through the amps mounting plate i made and then through the lower glove box support. Then i ran the wires through there and put a little piece of corrugated tubing to both protect em from rubbing through, and to hide the multicolor wires. Worked out nice since the tubing was the perfect diameter. From the bottom, you can still kinda see all the colors haha.

30wMZa6.jpg

Final product came out nice. And i have space for some other things...maybe a cup holder or compartment or something useful haha

wcLdqvl.jpg

I plan on going to another drift event this weekend so i guess ill start prepping for that haha

The drift event this past weekend was pretty solid. I only had one pair of 5x114.3 spares with bald tires so i wasn't looking forward to taking off the adapters at the track to run a 75 series sidewall tire. Luckily it rained, so i got to use the one set all day haha. Unfortunately this event was full of really nicer cars so the cameras weren't exactly pointing at the old Volvo this time haha. I did get a couple in-car videos, they arent the best laps i did but at least they're not the worst ones either.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6heb7hLDmdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I plan on taking a break on events for now until i get my suspension set up a little better. I feel like i've got enough seat time how it is and understand how the car handles and where it can be improved. I do have an expensive parts list adding up haha. Hopefully everything will be set up and ready to go for the next event in Gainesville on May 14th.

Gone for a while without an update and finally did something. Ive had some junkyard coiler hardware for a while and finally decided to macgyver something up. What i ended up with is a pair of what i believe are 350 pound 2.5" springs on what can be adjustable rear spring seats.

I took 4 rear upper spring seats, two from a 91 and two from a 70 something. As you can see, they actually happened to be slightly different with the 70's one a little lower profile. I separated the bottom part that mounts to the car from the big nipple that sits in the spring. Then i used a hole saw on a sketchy drill press set up to cut what should've been a 2.5" hole in two of them.

dDofFbm.jpg

mc3np7T.jpg

Since the hole was a little too big, i put one locking ring inside the cup and the other on the outside, sandwiching it together. I welded the inside ring in place so it can't fall or spin while adjusting. Then i welded those cups to the other that can mount to the car. I bolted them straight to the trailing arms.

yKVWRu2.jpg

4drI4A5.jpg

Then i bolted the springs to the car with the old lower spring retainers and some random perfect bolts.

DT7zb3o.jpg

bQVR30r.jpg

The car now sits lower in the rear and feels a lot stiffer and better but i did have to cut and pull some more. The drift event this past weekend ended up getting cancelled so i couldn't try it out yet. It does look pretty good though...

adC7Uov.jpg

o2MbQWX.jpg

JLSHPdL.jpg

CrYuAhX.jpg

Also, i went to the junkyard since they had an all you can carry sale and definitely got a deal. I got everything pictured, including the 13c and a 16t with no shaft play, all for $40.....

VWchhqY.jpg

What's the cam? I like your home made spring seats for the back.

Its just a stock T cam from a turbo 940 but from what I've read and heard, it should be better than the NA (M?) cam i currently have.

Which reminds me...do i need to do anything to the head mounted distributor cam to get it on my block mounted distributor engine? Every thread I've seen so far brings up a similar question with no answer.

anything would be better than what you have currently! try the t though you might pick up some grunt. what turbo are you currently using?

M cam is the worst for sure, but t cam isn't exactly anything exciting. I know head mounted dizzy need a cam specifically for head mounted dizzy (slotted?). No idea if there's cross-compatibility the other way.

Just read through the entire thread and this hit me all in the feels. Your 244 is everything I want out of mine and more :-(. Any who you have any full car shots on the new suspension? I love the fitment in the back (stance kid checking in). Can't wait to see the hydro as well, GL!

Im currently running a junkyard 13c so i grabbed the 16t since i could reuse my oil lines.

Yeah, i noticed that it seemed like it would just sit right in there and the rear cam seal just covers the hole as normal. Ill try and find more info though.

Just read through the entire thread and this hit me all in the feels. Your 244 is everything I want out of mine and more :-(. Any who you have any full car shots on the new suspension? I love the fitment in the back (stance kid checking in). Can't wait to see the hydro as well, GL!

Hahaha, thanks man! I dont have any good shots, just these...dont mind the missing body parts haha

A3TvRUx.jpg

xN8BFDj.jpg

I grabbed a Honda Civic clutch master which ive heard people use for custom hydros. Just need to run some lines and make a handle for it!

Back