• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

Anyone know the p/n for the hood insulation for a 94 940? I assume it doesn't interchange with a 960/v/s90?

Hey, Brofessor. P/N is 9171093; listed as Sound Absorber or Insulator. Part is discontinued, but it looks as if Tasca has some for ~120 simoleons.

I believe the hardware to mount will show as well if you search for Insulator on Tasca.

Good luck, man!

Last edited:
Entered the wagon in the St. Louis European Auto Show that was held today. I did a full exterior treatment on it in preparation. Wash, claybar, polish, wax and detail. It ended up making it pretty shiny. Obviously this picture has been touched up, but it almost looks fake in even untouched pictures. Guise, did I over-detail muh 9farty5 tee-eye? Halp.

DSC034582_zpsa55be551.jpg

[Manfred Mann plays in the background]

Hey, Brofessor. P/N is 9171093; listed as Sound Absorber or Insulator. Part is discontinued, but it looks as if Tasca has some for ~120 simoleons.

I believe the hardware to mount will show as well if you search for Insulator on Tasca.

Good luck, man!

Thanks Broseidon. I'll compare Tasca, Lisle and the local dealership. If I get it locally, it might be a wash without shipping costs and it won't have to be crammed in a shipping box. I should have all the clips I need.

[Manfred Mann plays in the background]

Are you saying I'm wrapped up like a douche? Thanks, jerk.

Last edited:
Called a local dealerhip, Tasca and Lisle... hood insulation is NLA. :-( Kinda depressing. I guess I'll keep an eye peeled at the local yards and maybe start a wanted thread to find a clean one. I don't know how well they roll up for shipping though.

I guess I could cut some adhesive backed insulation between the hood supports. Any advice on that? How does the thermo tec stuff hold up to getting wet?

Last edited:
Haven't posted anything in a while. I installed a Turbosmart e-Boost Street recently. Works nicely, still fine tuning but of course the adjustablity at your fingertips is niiice.

36068720185_b966f14c6c_c.jpg

I also have been trying to troubleshoot a surging idle/power issue. I found at least one of the culprits, leaking CBV diaphragm. Since I had it apart I went ahead and cleaned up the cover a bit.

35898911562_f29169ec10_z.jpg

New diaphragm seems to have pretty much cleared up my lean condition, pulls nicely only running about 9-10 psi on the stock 13c. Now i just need a bigger turbo.

I also have a ipd turbo cam that I ordered during the summer sale, looking forward to putting that in when I have time.

Last edited:
Drove it into work this morning:

36068719885_9a07bf940b_c.jpg

I've been slowly stage zero-ing it and man does it ride and run smooth now. Still things to sort out, but it's starting to come out of the funk that sitting for 2+ years had it in. I'll hopefully be putting the ipd cam I have waiting for it in the next couple weekends. I'm enjoying tinkering with this thing.

Last edited:
Threw the turbo cam in it last weekend and adjusted the valves this week.
35260121413_7230d94544_c.jpg

Then I got this today from Mr. KJets on a Plane:

35898907162_421577859b_c.jpg

Hopefully I'll get this adapted to the 2.5" OBX catback this weekend since next Saturday is the last Cars and Coffee. The 15g I have waiting will be a winter project and I'll probably snag a Nuke gear from Yoshifab. Next up will probably be some TLAO chips if he's still selling them.

Last edited:
Well that's a bummer. Testfitted the downpipe and was ready to work on a connector pipe to go between that and my OBX catback and saw that it hits the hardlines going from the auto tranny to the cooler.

Last edited:
36068710195_bca2f2415c_c.jpg

Cut the downpipe down to a stub and completely reworked it. It took all day yesterday, but at least I got moar max flowz.

Last edited:
Back