• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My new GT!

Here is my pride and joy! (don't tell my kids)

242 GT 1980!

100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

100_2798.jpg

Yes ecodes!

100_2804.jpg

needs moar louvers!

100_2803.jpg

242int.jpg

(ad pic)

100_2800.jpg

100_2808.jpg

100_2799.jpg

100_2802.jpg

100_2807.jpg

100_2801.jpg

oh ****! grab handle!...
it's normal when you are part of the
100_2805.jpg

100_2806.jpg

some more details on the car
1980 B23 242GT

ORIGINAL SERVICE BOOKS AND OWNERS MANUALS

SOLD ORIGINALLY BY BK MOTORS

GENUINE VOLVO ACCESSORIES MODIFICATIONS
DEALER INSTALLED AIR CONDITIONING
POWER WINDOWS
POWER MIRRORS
COIN TRAY
REAR SEAT HEADRESTS
AM FM CASSETTE ?MICROPROCESSOR STEREO?
PASSENGER ASSIST GRIP

MODIFICATIONS
B23 GLT ENGINE
R SPORT REAR WHEEL SPACERS
R SPORT INTRUMENT CLUSTER
TURBO EXHAUST
K&N AIR FILTER
LOWERED SUSPENSION WITH 245 SPRINGS
EURO SQUARE H4 HEADLAMPS
EURO FRONT TURN/RUNNING LAMP LENSES
FLUSH MOUNT LATER STYLE WINDSHEILD
142 SEAT SIDE TRAYS
POWDER COATED ORIGINAL GLT STYLE ALLOYS
IPD COMPLETE POLY FRONT AND REAR CONTROL ARM BUSHING SET

MECHANICAL/BODY BACKGROUND
CAR HAS 277,000 KMS ( SPEEDOMETER WAS CORRECTED WHEN ?R? SPORT CLUSTER INSTALLED )
CAR PAINTED 1985 BY 2ND OWNER WITH ORIGINAL SIDE STRIPE KIT INSTALLED.
CAR WENT INTO STORAGE FOR 4 YEARS
CAR PAINTED BELOW BELTLINE IN 1995
HOOD REPLACED IN 1998
THIS CAR HAS BEEN FULLY MAINTAINED AND DRIVEN ONLY FOR SHOWS AND EVENTS

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
5 FIRST PLACE VCOA CONCOURSE FINISHES: NIAGARA FALLS 1995, LACE PLACID 1996, VERMOUNT
1997, KNOXVILLE 1998, PLUS THREE 1ST PLACE 240 CLASS WINES AT THE VOLVO CARS OF AMERICA
OPEN HOUSES IN NEW JERSEY. PLUS MANY MORE LOCAL CLUB 1ST PLACE FINISHES OVER THE YEARS.
THIS CAR HAS MADE RELIABLE TRIPS TO FLORIDA (3 TIMES), EAST COAST (4 TIMES), CALIFORNIA (2
TIMES) AND MANY OTHER TRIPS IN CANADA AND THE USA.

I did pay a lot for it compared to things I see here on TB but non of my current 240's could hold a candle against it...
Future plans? : Drive it and enjoy!
:)

Greg Moisley's car?!?

As far as I know there was no Greg Moisley involved in this car

So, who was the previous owner then? Last time I saw Greg's car was in the mid 1990s at the VCNA open house in Rockleigh, NJ. This one looks a lot like his, but I could be wrong.

So, who was the previous owner then? Last time I saw Greg's car was in the mid 1990s at the VCNA open house in Rockleigh, NJ. This one looks a lot like his, but I could be wrong.

It was a guy named Rick who bought it 2 years ago from a guy named Yves in Toronto but I don't know anything before that

It was a guy named Rick who bought it 2 years ago from a guy named Yves in Toronto but I don't know anything before that

It's Greg's car. The description matches. He worked at Lawrence Park Motors in Toronto. I have pictures from NJ.

Wow that's pretty cool
He did an awesome job! :cool:

Yes. The car looked great when I last saw it. I realy like the powder coated wheels and the ride height. Greg told me the front springs came from an ABS car. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took in NJ.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET 242 GT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should just fix what small things need fixing, and leave it 100% original.

And good finds like yours always cost more. But usually end up being cheaper in the long run, as all the hard work is already done.

Congratulations on that beautiful 242GT:nod:

alot of those parts i would love to own definitely that grab handle for oem awesome great find and definitely this car is sweet i know you are going to do what you are going to do and that is fine your car but id say keep it stock oem and fix the little things.

Good to see it went to a good home. I looked at that car a few years ago, but did not have a garage, and commuted up and down gravel roads. It was way too nice for that. Now I have a garage and live on paved roads, but no money for another 242. Nice car.

beautiful car! mind sharing how much you paid? Its hard to gauge the market since really clean ones don't come up for sale often.

Yes. The car looked great when I last saw it. I realy like the powder coated wheels and the ride height. Greg told me the front springs came from an ABS car. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took in NJ.
Nice
I'd love to see if it always looked like this or if there was some kind of evolution
And if he wants to talk about the car I'll be more than happy

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET 242 GT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should just fix what small things need fixing, and leave it 100% original.

And good finds like yours always cost more. But usually end up being cheaper in the long run, as all the hard work is already done.

Congratulations on that beautiful 242GT:nod:
Thx!
No worries. Like I said before I have no intention in changing anything

And for those who want to know I payed 6800$ for the car. It's a lot, but putting any of my current 240's anywhere near the condition of this one would have cost me double and it still would not have been a GT...

Looks excellent.
Needs less switches, less goofy grab handle and less silly seat coin pocket thingy, but these things are all signs it's been owned by a volvo enthusiast who cared about it, so definately a good buy.

Looks excellent.
Needs less switches, less goofy grab handle and less silly seat coin pocket thingy, but these things are all signs it's been owned by a volvo enthusiast who cared about it, so definately a good buy.
:oogle:I see what your doing ther......yeah less of all that "crap"....
Those are all the things I would sell to a guy like me who don't care about excess..

:oogle:I see what your doing ther......yeah less of all that "crap"....
Those are all the things I would sell to a guy like me who don't care about excess..
:lol:
If anything I might put on more crap
I have a nice set of metal louvers that would look good on it I think

This is Moisely's old car. I almost bought it from Yves two years ago , but this Rick person had a deposit down already. I believe he paid 6k for the car. Wish I had known about it sooner. I've followed this car since the Killington VCOA meet in 1994.
Good luck with it. It has all the right mods.

Back