• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Debunking the t5 myth

the heeb has spoken........ you may all depart.

how so is the turbo 5 cylinder a piece of trash? I know it is, but everybody else might not.

the heeb has spoken........ you may all depart.

how so is the turbo 5 cylinder a piece of trash? I know it is, but everybody else might not.

the transmission not the engine... haha.

now the heeb needs to put an auto in there for IFO this weekend. :oogle:

I asked the mustang crowd, they came back with "we replace that piece of **** with a tremec, they don't reliably hold power".

So for approximately $1200usd, you can swap in a transmission that will shift nicer than an m46 and might hold 50-60 more hp semi-reliably. At the rate i'm going through t5's now (the latest has been retired in a cool 60 miles, without abusing it) I can replace aw's 5 to 1 and possibly come out ahead in the number of passes at the track.

I asked the mustang crowd, they came back with "we replace that piece of **** with a tremec, they don't reliably hold power".

So for approximately $1200usd, you can swap in a transmission that will shift nicer than an m46 and might hold 50-60 more hp semi-reliably. At the rate i'm going through t5's now (the latest has been retired in a cool 60 miles, without abusing it) I can replace aw's 5 to 1 and possibly come out ahead in the number of passes at the track.

Yup, the die hard T5 guys go with a G-Force or an Astro Performance T5. That guy in that thread now has a thread about G-Forces. He was running a stocker for a few years making 420 or so HP.

Man just throw a AW in there for sh*ts and giggles and see what happens.

I now this guy whos got a 600+whp firebird and he told me the same thing. He said t5s are **** and if you want a manual that can hold alot of hp you need a t56. But damn you'd end up spending like $2500 on that install.

Transmisson problems suck ass!

Back