• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ebay Chinese Turbos

89_740Turbo

Whats anyones luck here with these Chinese turbo setups they have on Ebay? I know a few people here have experimented with them and just wanted to get some feedback.

I have a LH2.2 740 Turbo I've been working on and eventually I'd like to upgrade from the stock turbo. If these Chinese ones are decent maybe Ill shoot for that. Any experience?

I have an emusa td05-20g that's supposed to fit a 99 eclipse. It was very easy to reclock, and bolts up to a 90+ manifold. I ended up welding a 2.5"x3" V band adapter to the exhaust and porting the turbine outlet into the adapter. It's probably got 8-10k miles on it so far.

I have an emusa td05-20g that's supposed to fit a 99 eclipse. It was very easy to reclock, and bolts up to a 90+ manifold. I ended up welding a 2.5"x3" V band adapter to the exhaust and porting the turbine outlet into the adapter. It's probably got 8-10k miles on it so far.

Bolts up to a 90+ manifold you say? Now you have me thinking...

Previous owner of my 740 let me know they have a 90+ manifold for me. I'm wondering if one of those turbos will bolt up to that. Not looking for a 20G though haha that will blow my trans up in a second

Choo choo bois are all the rage in the sloppy mechanic v8 world. Longevity is what it is but they're cheap and do the job.

Whats anyones luck here with these Chinese turbo setups they have on Ebay? I know a few people here have experimented with them and just wanted to get some feedback.

I have a LH2.2 740 Turbo I've been working on and eventually I'd like to upgrade from the stock turbo. If these Chinese ones are decent maybe Ill shoot for that. Any experience?

Spend your money on something more adjustable than LH2.2 :twocents:

I don't have personal experience with them but I've seen others experiences. For every claim of "works awesome!" it seems like there are probably 3+ fails and much sadness within 1-180 days. If swapping out turbos is a menial task for you, it might be a way to go. Everyone I know that starts on ebays ends up with a name brand anyways. If there is anyway you can swing a name brand you probably wont regret it.

I used a cheap GT30R knockoff for a fairly long while on my '16V turbo version 1' engine, never had any issues with it. It was a cheap ball bearing turbo, so it was ~$400, not $150.

Back