• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Uncleknucklez 242 road ripper

BOOM happened at 18 psi. Sounded like a balloon pop and then a loud fart sound.

SInW2yIl.jpg

Thanks Gary for hooking me up with another OEM elbow. I've decided for now to turn the MBC down to 12 again.

I am going to get an ebay IC and some pipes and do all of that now, but for IPD the car will be decidedly slower, but more apt to make the whole trip at 12 psi vs 18 psi.

Part of doing the IC is going to be cleaning up the top half of the engine bay, Intake, Brake booster, stuff like that. Fresh paint should help things.

I also put in some Blue EV-6 Mustang Cobra 40lb injectors in preparation for running 18 ish PSI, but now that I am turning the wick down some I am nervous that it will be too much fuel for 12 psi of boost. We shall see.

There is a radiator hose from a class 8 truck that is a perfect fit. Ask Eric Mollerstuen for the P/N.

Does that area of the rubber elbow rub on one of the brake lines at the master cyl?

It doesn't touch at idle, I'm assuming it wouldn't touch otherwise, but who knows what is going on in there when I'm mashing it.

There is a radiator hose from a class 8 truck that is a perfect fit. Ask Eric Mollerstuen for the P/N.

Good to know, I'll reach out to him. With the evilbay intercooler there will be more pipe updating, so I'm not too sure yet what I will need.

Great thread / can't wait to see it.

Thanks man, lets chat a bit on Saturday.

Last edited:
It doesn't touch at idle, I'm assuming it wouldn't touch otherwise, but who knows what is going on in there when I'm mashing it.

On my car it got the brake line to leak. I had to replace it
I see yours is already bent to the driver side (front line)

ps get another elbow at jy and just go the whole way at 18... did over 100k miles at 18psi and few times well above that and never had a hose fail

Interesting. I guess I?ve got different a different master cylinder. Mine has a hard line exiting directly into that rubber elbow and there is always interference between the two. I haven?t had any issues, but was just curious.

On my car it got the brake line to leak. I had to replace it
I see yours is already bent to the driver side (front line)

ps get another elbow at jy and just go the whole way at 18... did over 100k miles at 18psi and few times well above that and never had a hose fail

My concern at 18 psi is the OG intercooler, and all the other questionable OEM charge parts. The supporting mods are there, but I don't trust that stuff, and I need my better half to have a trouble free trip or she will never go again. :roll:

Interesting. I guess I?ve got different a different master cylinder. Mine has a hard line exiting directly into that rubber elbow and there is always interference between the two. I haven?t had any issues, but was just curious.

The elbow is very close, but just does not touch, I did tweak the hard lines a bit as well.

It was a pleasure to finally meet some of you. I do appreciate all of the kind words about the car, for real.

Car made the trip to IPD, averaged 27 MPG for the entire trip, and near as I can tell, nothing fell off, I'm calling it a success. Here are some poo poo artsy photos that I took, and some cell phone shots of the show and trip.

I am going to do the ebay intercooler after seeing a couple setups, seems pretty straightforward.

eR27ZSel.jpg

tXHFaJUl.jpg

Xf7IaTtl.jpg

3PFapugl.jpg

TYb9jZml.jpg

mqenxuol.jpg

hVvEQqxl.jpg

bruGvTRl.jpg

6Iilk3Tl.jpg

RBX4aBTl.jpg

SW6JMacl.jpg

wS3SSv5l.jpg

5g75w4Yl.jpg

l7LbJpFl.jpg

VlWXA9Ml.jpg

4zo4W1Gl.jpg

We added a 2004 V70R to the fleet. It's a really nice car.
BudmJOtl.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you made it up there, sorry we didn't hang out more. Definitely good mileage going up there! Current tune was down a little on mileage but much better accel enrichment overall. Cruising at 70-75 we averaged 22-23 on my wagon, loaded down a little.

Nice pics! We hoped to snag some on the way home, just didn't happen, ended up on I5 due to time constraints.

Update time....

Ebay intercooler and piping are in my garage. I painted the intercooler black to better match the engine bay, should be going in this weekend hopefully.

I also decided to go with a Kinugawa WGA. I am very happy with the piece, for both price and quality. It is doing the job without issue so far.

I whipped up a bracked ala gsellstr, using the oil drain mount and 2" flat bar from Home Depot. I like this solution a ton!

l233woll.jpg

ZwD1Siul.jpg

D45JpKyl.jpg

Please ignore the backwards MBC :oops: I fixed it after a rip to 22 psi in second gear

AhDCdSSl.jpg

Anyways, for the price I am satisfied, The 1 bar spring holds steady at 12 PSI, and the MBC lets it breathe to 16 psi for now. I will try the next heavier spring and hope to get the WGA pressure closer to 15-16 psi, and then MBC to 18 psi in the future.

Last edited:
Nice work with the bracket.

For future reference, do you have a link to the WGA you bought?

For sure, This is the unit I bought:

GT3076R unit

I do wish I would have bought one with a straight arm, but this one worked just fine. I ditched the bracket, and so far don't need all the springs, so I think this one would be what I would buy if I did it again.

Universal Unit

And ask them for a 1.0 Bar or 1.2 Bar spring.

Nice Chris! That bracket design really does work nicely doesn't it. Absolutely no flex at all, simple, and relatively easy to fab.

It worked like a charm, This was the first version, and it fit like a glove. There is ZERO flex, and I find it to be a perfect solution to the problem.

Back