• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Camshaft choice for 350whp+

H and K cams are fairly rare around here. I've used a K cam in a turbo app before, it was alright. I'll be honest though, there's not too many cams that I've fooled with on 8v cars where I really thought "****, that's an awesome cam". Some of that may be due to us not really putting huge turbos on 8v setups either. I'm optimistic about the C2, going to need bigger injectors I suspect to really let that one shine.

I got offered a K-cam for 140$, but i worry about overlap because i do not know quite enough about camshaft tuning, it is actually rather complex! and i would like more lift also. Though i do not know how much lift i can run on stock setup.

Assuming a performance cam is installed, doesn't the RPM's diving at higher rpm have a lot to do with the Intake manifold, throttle body size, exhaust manifold, turbo and head work? If you don't have the pervious parts I mentioned upgraded, I don't think it will matter that much how big of a cam you put in, the engine acts as a restriction.

This is a question, I'm just curious.

Last edited:
Question is if that is enough. I am currently working out a 531 head, and planning 29 psi+ in future. :cool:

But should be better than my VX cam anyway. Maybe i'll just grab one of them.

doesn't hurt. you won't be able to do a whole lot about the overlap on a single cam setup, but you can adjust the cam gear as needed to kinda get the best effect

Assuming a performance cam is installed, doesn't the RPM's diving at higher rpm have a lot to do with the Intake manifold, throttle body size, exhaust manifold, turbo and head work? If you don't have the pervious parts I mentioned upgraded, I don't think it will matter that much how big of a cam you put in, the engine acts as a restriction.

This is a question, I'm just curious.

My intake manifold is stock, but exhaust manifold and so on are not. I run big manifold pipes for topend, and 4" exhaust all the way back, paired on a 76mm turbo. I find that the plenum intakes look to race to use in a daily car.

I would suggest an enem V16 turbo cam. The power band is 2500-6500 rpm. Or the nastiest cam without changing cam followers from enem is the K15 which would support that power quite well. A few years ago when I got one for Hank Scorpio enem made a turbo version of the K15 for him. That is what is in his old 242 with the Holset on it.

I would suggest an enem V16 turbo cam. The power band is 2500-6500 rpm. Or the nastiest cam without changing cam followers from enem is the K15 which would support that power quite well. A few years ago when I got one for Hank Scorpio enem made a turbo version of the K15 for him. That is what is in his old 242 with the Holset on it.

Interesting! did not know they do custom work.
I wonder why all the turbo cams do not really support a lot of revs.. I bought 56kg springs, which should get me up there, if i get a good cam to pair them with.
Might just be the fact that the redblock does not breath too well over 6k rpm :omg:

Yeah i know of a lot of makes, just wondered if anybody had some dyno results with different cams, as the car is not exactly stock no more. Not that it is a race car, but i do not care a second if it pulls in the low end, i just want power when i get boost :)

Last edited:
With an IPD T cam or equivalent you should be able to pull some extra top end with some cam gear tuning. I am about to try one, anyone have any good results retarding the cam a few degrees?

With an IPD T cam or equivalent you should be able to pull some extra top end with some cam gear tuning. I am about to try one, anyone have any good results retarding the cam a few degrees?

I do not believe the ipd turbo cam aggressive enough. Aiming for 450 whp capable cam, so i think i need a more race ish one.

B230ft K block, 16t, freflow 3",stock 530, KL-Racing t2 cam,big ic, 044, fpr, stock lh2.2
1.2-1.3bar turbo pressure.
dyno runs with cam adjusting,very nice gains after adjusting cam :)
v2 run +2 degrees advance
v3 run +4 degrees advance
v4 run +6 degrees advance
18156379_1432009770192646_508399022577826137_o.jpg

Last edited:

I went from VX to V15 and than V16. Much happiness with V16.

Back