• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 745 16V + Turbo project

It's ready to charge.. The biggest concern by tonight, is how to get it trough a "MOT" with a turbocharged B234.. I contacted VolvoCars Norway today.. I might need a engine braketest. I am not allowed to exceed 238 Bhp and 310 Nm at the flywheel... (my plan was i 50mm HKS eksternal wastegate, but not to shure now.. :pow:

It's ready to charge.. The biggest concern by tonight, is how to get it trough a "MOT" with a turbocharged B234.. I contacted VolvoCars Norway today.. I might need a engine braketest. I am not allowed to exceed 238 Bhp and 310 Nm at the flywheel... (my plan was i 50mm HKS eksternal wastegate, but not to shure now.. :pow:

You can't have too much power? lol

Actually I'm thinking of getting the B234 in to the registration document without turbo first, since it was a stock B230FB before...
So that means putting it together without the MegaSquirt first... The guy at Volvo also said that if i mounted the MS, I might need a Lab test of the exhoust.. This is because it is not just the CO they wants to know.. Also TOX,NOX etc....

Wow... Norway is just so damn great when it comes to everything that someone might find fun...:raincloud:

Well.. It is a "MOT" every second year.. But I need to get it in to the registration document.. By an inspection done by an expert It's called "biltilsynet" That is one of the worst norwegian cursewords theese days :)

Open up the wastegate for the test? How often do you need them?

The problem is that they are not stupid :)
They would perfectly know why everything is "oversized" so based on that they could (thats a could) just not accept it, and take my registration plate... (I don't want that) :)

Yea.. That might work.. I'll just have to try :) At least the can't take my 98' FT away ;) (I just tune down the boost on that)

Good thing I don't live in Norway then :-P. They do have an MOT here, but they just check if everything works as it's supposed to. They also check the emissions, but the car has to oblige to the rules of the year it was made in, so for my car it can pollute just as much as cars without a cat in 1989 :-P

Lol no he isn't me :-P He lives in a different country, but has a similar project going on.

indeed,

zzcoffee.jpg

She's looking good.

I like the stockish external look, and the wheels just set it off nicely without being OTT imo..I like them too.

I have found that a sober standard appearance and lack of underbonnet 'bling' can be helpful at MOT/ APK time. The standard of your fabrication and installation should give the tester a positive impression, and the almost 'factory' look to the non-standard parts also helps.

The silicone intercooler hoses are also available in black rather than the usual blue, and I think on your car that would have worked nicely (I know Volvo used a blue hose on the first compressor outlet pipe), but just my personal taste.

Nice.

Back