• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homemade MBC in the works...

Mrt i did the same open T boost controller damn thing worked great.Just wasn't very steady on boost levels.Such as if the temperature outside was to drop it'd effect my boost hold out at WOT.I had it go to 28psi when it was set to 20psi during the day.

I'm just going to the hardware store to make my own.The NSX controllers are the same damn thing you can make for $5-$8 and doesn't take 3-4 days to get here and doesn't cost $25.

Just saying.

hey just a word of advice. 28 psi = Fail (motor goes pop gearbox falls to pieces and clutch brakes into many, many pieces kinda fail)

I think anything above 16 psi= fail without spending on stage 0. (hoses pop off, things go wrong, and 1st-2nd gear makes rattles, clutch discentigrates if you're pulling 2ms gear changes, etc)

Really can't recommend going beyond 15 / 16 psi, especially as you wont spend dollar on something simple like mbc :p

One could have two or more MBCs in place, set at different boost levels, plumbed in parallel with each other.

Plumb a 12-volt solenoid valve in-line on each one.

Have switches in the cabin that turn on the different solenoid valves/MBCs.

Kinda clunky -- you're still only hitting set levels, not fully adjustable -- but plenty cheap enough to do (the Turbobricks way :oogle:)

I ran this setup for a while with a pair of g-valve boost controllers. It's fairly simple using a dodge 12v vacuum solenoid valve. 2$ with pic-and-pull pocket discount +10$ at Grainger to make 2 G-valves.

hey just a word of advice. 28 psi = Fail (motor goes pop

^ that's why I don't run the 2 boost controllers anymore, I had one at 15 psi and the other at 25... there was a lot of ping ping ping, boom! one night.

Well that motor did stay together till 35psi and that was a weak K block.I didn't skimp on anything on either of these cars still using common sense lol.

20+ is a whole new world of power and i cannot get enough.

so what fails on a sloppy redblock 8 valve at 20psi?

I'm scared.

Obviously i'm only running a cruddy m46 with o/d yum for all your favourite box clunks. So i'm guessing to go beyond 15 psi i *SHOULD* m90.

I was destroyed by an audi rs 6 (or 8) estate.

It was very sexy and i was clearly holding him up dawdling at 90 ish on motorway. I moved in to let him by and he musta been going at least 20mph quicker than me when he passed my wing mirror!! This thing was fast.

20+psi the only real fear is ping.I say long as you don't ping and have a rich fuel trail under boost you should be good.The Volvo manual gear box's are horrible.

Back