• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

It lives! Low buck 240DL->240 Turbo swap

New pictures! I just took these real quick since I washed and waxed the car today. If it had no rust it would look brand new :lol:
r3quart1.jpg

r3quart2.jpg

Where'd you get those whitebodies and how much did they set you back?

Junkyard, supercharged V6 buick, $3.50/ea (free with deep pocket discount)

UPDATE!

For $14, I acquired all of this at a local JY...
dsc0831b.jpg

Soon I will be running a CBV, no more compressor surge on lift off! :cool:
Once I work out how to route the bypassed air into the ghetto-fab intake I made that is...

what boost are you running?

12psi. Once I get a better ignition system I will up the boost to 15psi.

Last edited:
Surprise update!.

$18 fetched me a full EZK ignition system and today I get to ditch the pesky Chrysler Lean Burn ignition system, a throwback to 1978, which has been ditched in favor of more modern and more primitive ignition systems alike since the day of its introduction. After my conversion to EZK is complete, I will raise my boost level to 15psi and reap the benefits of a more competent ignition system.

dsc0832c.jpg

Took a video yesterday.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRXUpMygVsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRXUpMygVsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Now you can hear how the beast sounds.

You seem to be pissing everyone off. From flashing headlights to horn honking you get it all!

I'm the one who honked my horns. That Chrysler 300 at around 5:15 cut me off as I was trying to get out of the line of idiots who think 40mph is appropriate merging speed on I95. I didn't catch the flashing headlights... when is that?

New pictures!

My wal-mart turbo badge, applied for irony, since most cars with this little sticker don't have a turbo, but mine does. Also note the soot, courtesy of a blown compressor seal (boost leak, not oil leak):
p1070433y.jpg

My engine bay in its current state, showing new spark plug wires and a new timing belt:
p1070430n.jpg

Disconnected CBV (can't find a recirc hose):
p1070429p.jpg

EZK powerstage:
p1070428i.jpg

Fuel rail off a 760 turbo:
p1070427.jpg

New boost reference port for less boost spiking:
p1070426g.jpg

My new intake, it sounds really good:
p1070425w.jpg

Just goto 3:30. You didn't even really cut off the Geo Metro.

Ah, I see. The funny thing is, he had just almost sideswiped the Accord in the right lane trying to get over, he was going like 35mph. I was astonished at the amount of body roll that little car displayed when he cut back into his lane, inches away from the Accord.

Hey, did you sand off the paint under the powerstage and apply thermal grease before mounting it?

If not, DO IT. Otherwise it'll overheat and fry post-haste, leaving you stranded. It uses the fender as a heat-sink.

No, I didn't. Funny thing is, the car I got it off of was painted underneath the powerstage and had no evidence of thermal grease. And even after a hard drive the power stage isn't even warm to the touch. It's mounted on the firewall above the brake booster, btw. There's pretty decent air flow there.

Ah, I see. The funny thing is, he had just almost sideswiped the Accord in the right lane trying to get over, he was going like 35mph. I was astonished at the amount of body roll that little car displayed when he cut back into his lane, inches away from the Accord.

No, I didn't. Funny thing is, the car I got it off of was painted underneath the powerstage and had no evidence of thermal grease. And even after a hard drive the power stage isn't even warm to the touch. It's mounted on the firewall above the brake booster, btw. There's pretty decent air flow there.

From the factory they won't be.

The sand off and apply thermal grease thing is a recommendation from the Brickboard 7/9 FAQ. I think it's cheap insurance, personally, and when/if I convert to EZK, I'll be doing that.

Back