• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Penta crankshaft

This sounds like a reverso swap story.

Like when someone (Leno?) stuffed an SHO Taurus engine into a Fiesta. That was neat, but then what would happen if you stuffed the Fiesta motor into the Taurus?

Leno bought one of the handful of Shoguns that actually made it to production. Kinda like a Renault 5 turbo IMO.

Nice!

This would have been a completely different thread if you had put that pic in your OP.

Insanity like this is what this site is for. Keep up the good work.

I'm impressed, I still hate it, but impressed. Curious to see some dyno sheets of the stock engine to compare wkth b230

B230 8v is 300 pounds, there is a thread in Showroom showing the engine and what was on it during the weigh in.

Videos of burning tires of with sweet tractor+turbo+blowoff noises pleeeeeeease

I just can't wait till its done so I can show vids to local folks and bask in the volvo-inspired butthurt...

Honda engine and box 209kg
Volvo engine with ancillaries 175kg seems to be the average I'm not running air con
But you recon nearer 140kg (300 lbs) I'll take that:)
Not sure on box as I can't find any info I will weigh it when I get it back out

To be honest I am surprised at the negative comments here
I would expect it from s2gay forum

As much as I like Volvos, I find this swap ruining the character of the Honda, who knows it still might be a fun good handling vehicle..in the end it is your time and money so go for it.

These threads usually never make it far enough to actually have any work done. Couple that wit some of those posters that have never used a torque wrench but continue to rant on about how they are making this swap "happen" until one day they post in FS selling off all their junk because they couldnt figure something out.

Your case is unique, in that you actually did something. That is totally above the recent norm of awkward swaps around here.

I will also have to apologize for my hasty judgement, I too would like to have a video to share with the S2k guys at autocross, a couple of them are pretty fast around the course.

Hows abouts yous guys stay on topic or take it to off topic huh?

Cleaned up some of the madness...

Fair enough

It wouldn't have got messy if folk took the time to read entire posts

In all honesty I'm not under any illusions that this is going to be the ultimate car, but something that will be very different ,a Honda s2000 with a bucket load of torque will be fun .
And all for under ?2000 or $2500 dollars if it is that bad I can break it and get my money back
But I seriously doubt it

Progress has been good propshaft at engineering shop gearbox mounting made and gear linkage sorted ,clutch bleed ,coolant in ,and wiring almost completed
I will get a few more pics next week

I was wondering what a s2000 powered brick would go like ?

Up and running
I will take a few pics later if it stop raining
Got a couple of small jobs to do then mot test and away we go

I've been trying to get a few honda sensors together to get as much of the dash working as I can
And some power steering assistance ,but it's getting there

So far it's been a cheap build
Billstein adjustable shocks and polly bushed throughout carbon bonnet ,all came on the shell
Wheels where the biggest expence (still need painting)

Back