• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Will an engine from 2002 xc70 fit in 1994 940?

OutInWestPalm

Self explanatory. Basically a buddy at work has a turbocharged xc70 that he was looking to sell. I have to swap the transmission anyway in the 940 for a manual, so anyone know if anything like that would work? What I would need to change along with the engine? Is it worth it?

One thing I can think of that may make this easier than a 240 swap is that 6304 (960) engine mounts may bolt up to the 5-cylinder engine and drop right in the 940 engine cross member thus saving having to fabricate engine mounts.

Self explanatory. Basically a buddy at work has a turbocharged xc70 that he was looking to sell. I have to swap the transmission anyway in the 940 for a manual, so anyone know if anything like that would work? What I would need to change along with the engine? Is it worth it?

You should have your car ownership privileges revoked for asking that!

Well the long story short is the engine that came with my car is more trouble than it's worth and a co-worker had a car he's trying to get rid of and I was going to try and get the engine for cheap and maybe try something different.

You'll more than likely spend more money than you'd be able to recoup if selling the car, but building hot rods isn't always about the money. :)

As an old hotrodder the real answer is ANYTHING will fit in ANYTHING - if you have enough time, money, and skill. Is it worth it? That's a whole different question that the Volvo guys have answered pretty well.

Dan

Back