• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

Back on the grind today. Finally got that TB-esque rake I wanted:

jjrP0.jpg

Just kidding.

WHOMP.
qCQZt.jpg

It rides okay. I still have to cut the bump stops down because it rests on them.The rear needs the limiting straps to be shortened so the springs can't fall out at max extension. All that stuff happens tomorrow as well as the wheels finally going on the car. Possibly a half-ass alignment job too since the local shop won't mess with lowered vehicles.

Then I came home and found my Schneider 274 cam on the doorstep which means I can finally start building the B20 back! Then refresh the M41, rebuild my driveshaft, get my header ceramic coated along with an exhaust made. The list never gets any shorter.

Mannnn that looks slick. I hope you'll think about keeping the stock wheels. I say: moar pin stripe.

I think the 17s will set it off nicely. Plus I have brand new ones with brand new tires on them. Two of the stock size tires are pretty shot from being out of alignment before.

Looks like a rod cruiser. I'd get some white wallz and a safari roof rack and call it a Volkswagen.

yew fellers need to meet up soon so Andrew can grab my trans am rims :-P i don't wanna be pushy or anything though. i leave in 13 days.

PS: andrew your car gives me goose pimples

yew fellers need to meet up soon so Andrew can grab my trans am rims :-P i don't wanna be pushy or anything though. i leave in 13 days.

PS: andrew your car gives me goose pimples

He's grabbing them Saturday, if it doesn't rain.

dude where did you get those blue springs and are they made for amazon or some other car? and the ride how is it? rough like riding with no springs at all?

dude where did you get those blue springs and are they made for amazon or some other car? and the ride how is it? rough like riding with no springs at all?

They're coilover springs for like '88-'91 Hondas. They don't fit dead on but they're not bad. The rears fit fine but there's a lip in the front that they'll sit on. They can't go anywhere though because the front shocks go through the middle of them

Anyway, got the wheels on.

teOj9.jpg

Then a buddy of mine "rolled" the fenders even though they weren't touching.

5cxSU.jpg

It's kinda nerve-racking watching someone beat on your fenders with a ball peen hammer but they look like they were rolled perfectly and properly. The rolled under fenders actually look better than the flat edge that Amazons come with.

Fronts at full lock, or as far as these 205s will let it go :-P

C8s1t.jpg

Rears:

T1mFx.jpg

The rear actually has a little travel in it now since I cut those bump stops too. I need to hang my exhaust higher. :oops:

F7E3T.jpg

And from the front:

oRtTd.jpg

I need to work out one more problem. I cut the front bump stops down about 2" but it STILL rests on them and the ride quality is twice as terrible as when it was resting on a complete bump stop. I'm afraid to just take them out because I think the control arm will just lay on the crossmember. I might go back to a TME lowering spring and just cut the **** out of it to get the front low like it is now. Or I might just put some new bumpstops in the front. If it's going to ride on them I'd rather it ride on full ones than cut ones.

I want to be there so bad but I'd need to work out my bump stop issue. I thought they'd be okay but I cut them and the car just went that much lower. I like it how it is now but the ride is horrid. I guess I'll find some short bump stops and just let it sit on them.

How about putting the adjuster sleeve on in the front and preloading the spring some to where it comes off of the stop? I'm not sure whether that would work or not. Looks good though.

Adam

Those adjuster sleeves won't work with the front end because the shock can't run through the middle of them. It sort of looks like they're made to be bolted into the cars they're actually made for. Unless my spring kit was different than yours, of course.

I'm thinking of trying an Eibach 6" 700# spring if I can't rework it any other way.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the threaded part might be hollow. I'll check it out when I get home.

Last edited:
Back