• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

I'm in, and I'm sure Chelsie is coming also, she might couch surf if there's room. I'll be camping again again.

So I'm thinking that it would be really nice if we had a gas grille (and maybe a charcoal one) for cooking. The grill that they have at the lodge is substandard at best. No heat regulation and I felt like a ham from all the smoke it put out when I cooked on it.

As for your griddle, Jared, you remember us talking about converting it to a pipe burner setup to run on propane?

I know it's early, but what do y'all think?

So I'm thinking that it would be really nice if we had a gas grille (and maybe a charcoal one) for cooking. The grill that they have at the lodge is substandard at best. No heat regulation and I felt like a ham from all the smoke it put out when I cooked on it.

As for your griddle, Jared, you remember us talking about converting it to a pipe burner setup to run on propane?

I know it's early, but what do y'all think?

Yeah, I've done some thinking about that. I'll pull together what's needed. I really think it'll just wind up being a tank, a distribution tree, and a couple of tube burners set on top of the charcoal grill already there.

I need to confirm that the griddle is still there, but I can't imagine that it would've walked off.

It was good in theory, but in practice, left something to be desired.

I've got a metal table that would be about the right height for the griddle. We can coordinate on it off list.

The deep freezer has begun to fill with meat. We've got about 18lb of Boston Butt in there now, plus some hamburger and some young chickens. The pork will get smoked for sure, and if we have the capacity, the chickens can come too.

MrBill, are you bringing your smoker? Should I investigate the possibility of renting/borrowing a large trailer smoker? While that would increase the smoked meat capacity substantially, Kenny and that Egg are on the same wavelength. Might be best to stick with what's proven.

Back