• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 LM7 LS guys...what intake you running?

Eviltwin

I want to get rid of my ugly looking truck intake and replace with something sexier.

post what you're using and let me know if you're using the truck or f-body accessory driveline!

Cheers,
R

If you can fit a truck intake, anything else stock is a waste of money.

Actually, not true, get a GMT900 truck intake. The "TBSS" intake manifold. Thats on par with an LS6, but FARRRRRR cheaper.

Actually, not true, get a GMT900 truck intake. The "TBSS" intake manifold. Thats on par with an LS6, but FARRRRRR cheaper.

I was looking along the lines of something like this...
I'm curious to know whether or not a 92mm TB will clean the alternator/idler pulley

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/513050/10002/-1

I still find the TBSS intake ugo, plus from what I've read the LS6 intake is on par if not just slightly better then the truck intake

AFAIK the truck, and esp the TBSS, is a bit better in the lower rpm ranges, due to the longer runners. But the LS6 catches up by the time you get to some higher revs.

Toooo much data, sure to induce analysis paralysis: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/

I got a pretty cheap LS6 manifold on eBay. It was shipped from somewhere in the middle east. Nothing wrong with it, but I'll need to clean it really well, I have to assume it was used in some sort of desert conditions without a filter. Or without a good filter. There are dirt/oil deposits inside it. I did that because it was cheap, low profile - I'll be able to use my strut brace still, and pretty good power-wise compared to many other of the OEM manifolds.

AFAIK the truck, and esp the TBSS, is a bit better in the lower rpm ranges, due to the longer runners. But the LS6 catches up by the time you get to some higher revs.

Toooo much data, sure to induce analysis paralysis: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/

I got a pretty cheap LS6 manifold on eBay. It was shipped from somewhere in the middle east. Nothing wrong with it, but I'll need to clean it really well, I have to assume it was used in some sort of desert conditions without a filter. Or without a good filter. There are dirt/oil deposits inside it. I did that because it was cheap, low profile - I'll be able to use my strut brace still, and pretty good power-wise compared to many other of the OEM manifolds.

Sounds like the terrorists win again, shipping you dirty IED manifold.

I mean, yea if you want car show points then spend the 3-400 for an LS6. It's absurd. But I'm going to have to pickup something to clear the hood in my 745. Truck intakes are too tall otherwise I'd run one, I'm tripping over the damn things.

yea I was looking at those sheetmetal intakes. You can get them with a throttle body, without the jegs stickers, on ebay for less money. ;-)

I looked, my cheap crappy sand filled LS6 intake was $250 shipped from Kuwait.

There are other complaints about them being filled with sand. I'm just picturing some sort of dune racing shens going on.

Back