• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 '82 Volvo 240 Resto/Stage 0-1

Luckily I still have an old r12 manifold, should I try using that to test the pressure?

Is the r12 replacement just a conversion kit? I know that while my grandfather had it, he had disconnected the A/C to keep the load on the engine low(?), So it hasn't been used much.

So the best option, given that the old compressor doesn't work, is just a replacement of everything sans hoses?

Luckily I still have an old r12 manifold, should I try using that to test the pressure?

Is the r12 replacement just a conversion kit?

So the best option, given that the old compressor doesn't work, is just a replacement of everything sans hoses?

Any way you can get a gauge on the suction side.

The kit is just the low/high fill/test ports but that is not all to the conversion. The mineral oil used in R12 systems is not compatible with R134.

If the compressor is indeed dead a complete rebuild is really called for. The mineral oil is spread throughout the system and needs to be flushed. The dryer needs to be replaced if the system is opened. The expansion valve is certainly clogged in a 30+ year old system.

Back