• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 240 new fuel pump and filter

Brick-hi

Hello once again. Today I put a new main fuel pump and filter in my 92 240 wagon. Everything seemed to go as it was supposed to. It had 3/4 tank of gas, I let the pressure out of the tank by taking the fuel cap off. It's the correct bosh pump from Ipd. It said to make sure the pump was full of gas (which I could not figure out how to do and put it all back together) Now it won't start! :???: Does any one know what I may have done wrong ?. It ran fine before I changed the pump and filter. I'm truly stumped and I know you all have a treasure trove of knowledge and I could truly use some more once again.

Last edited:
Do you hear the pump running when you turn the key to position 2? If not, follow the instructions Otto Mattick posted. if the pump runs when you jump the fuses, then you might need a fuel pump relay.

Get your test light out and make sure you have ground and power at the fuel pump terminals.

92 240 wagon

I guess I should have given more info. I had replaced the intake pump and sock about a month ago. The pump & filter I just replaced is the inline one in front of the driver's side rear wheel.

How long did you crank? It takes a lot of fuel to get a new filter running.

If you cranked it for 60 seconds. Let the starter motor cool for 5 minutes. Crank for 60 seconds again.

If it doesn't start after that check your wiring and flow arrows.

Back