• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

chippable ezk?

brickdaddy

i have an ezk ending in 152 and i wanna chip it(tlao chip). anyone know if this is a chippable unit? if you cant tell by the number, how can u tell once opened up? thx

Chippable?
jr2Bek2l.jpg

jtCsRfHl.jpg

Yes, the chip is under the black plastic retainer (pry up/down gently with a tiny screwdriver in top/bottom retainer slots to release the clips holding the retainer onto the PROM chip socket. Bosch logo on daughter board implies it's original.

I bought a 146 box for cheap. Got i home and it was not chippable. So think it pays to pop the cap like everybody says. Before Im asked I didnt pop the cap cause it was 25 degrees out at a pick n pull. lol

I used a 146 box in my chipped EZK for my 93 wagon. What a difference better ignition timing makes.
Na car? Make a noticeable difference? Hmm. I am very happy with my B cam 5 speed car, i wonder how some more timing would feel.
I bought a 146 box for cheap. Got i home and it was not chippable. So think it pays to pop the cap like everybody says. Before Im asked I didnt pop the cap cause it was 25 degrees out at a pick n pull. lol
Don?t you have another one coming in the mail tomorrow? Hopefully it?s chippable

Just curious why you are looking for a non chippable one anyways? Is it to pass smog?
Me? No smog here. I just have no need for a chippable box so someone else might as well get some use out of it. I?d prefer a newer unit like a white label. Faster processor and what not.
I cant buy yours. Its way to big, wouldnt fit under my dash. That thing looks like its bigger than my toolbox.
Uhh lol i guess this is a joke about my picture size? :lol:

Look for Boxes Bosch 0 227 400 209 or -219 They came at 95,96 year B230FK/FT Engines.

The only problem is you get fault codes from EGR funktion if you dont have one in your aplication. 97 and 98 ear boxes have imobilizers built in yhat will cause more problems

Yes, my car is n/a. The box was from a n/a 740 with LH2.4.

Promise Ring you will notice a very pleasant difference especially as you rev above 3k rpm. It seemed to help at all rpms though.

Yes, my car is n/a. The box was from a n/a 740 with LH2.4.

Promise Ring you will notice a very pleasant difference especially as you rev above 3k rpm. It seemed to help at all rpms though.

Dang. I probably need money more than i need performance from my wagon. I am more than satisfied with the B cam though.

I also got this chippable ezk from a 1989 lh2.4 740. Also, it came with a 951 ecu so obviously someone had reliability issues with whatever ecu it came with.

Back