• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Cool deal, hope you get it hammered out. Pump is cake on those.

Should have that other stuff we talked about ready in the next few weeks, just keep it quiet, don't want people knowing about this scheme just yet.

Thanks man, we'll talk :nod:

Rear center caps :cool: I have 240 studs and lug nuts on the shelf. The plan is to match the front and rear hardware

xlGiVOvl.jpg

Water pump and E fan are on

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IWVSRZgAwlQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nooo same fan, just had to trim the mounts I made for it to make everything clear. My roommate wired it up with a new relay :cool:

knnCvjOl.jpg

Brake booster repair attempt #1 :lol: Not sure if the new booster will fit. I'm working on eliminating this (seemingly) one year only booster that has a weird adapter on it :wtf:

UmqQ8OSl.jpg

Eu4BCZbl.jpg

Last edited:
The brake booster swap was mostly a success :cool: This car really is unique in a lot of ways that aren't fun for maintenance :lol: Turns out the rod that interfaces with the master cylinder is different on this car, hence the weird spacer that looks OEM to me :wtf: If I change to a different master cylinder I'll have to swap the rod back again. Wasn't a big deal, but I think I will write an article on this phenomenon and my solution to save someone else from this headache :p

VBdXm9Jl.jpg

Last edited:
Swapped out the broken glove box and lower trim for a fresh one from a 940. Learned that the 940 glove boxes are smaller inside. My owner's manual doesn't fit! :lol:

Old
FvBIHmnl.jpg

New
GnPMHeSl.jpg

Last edited:
BTDT on the master. 90's really are a PITA.

I really wish I had asked you about it before :lol: Figuring it out feels good, just took a while.

And in true fashion, I fix a bunch of things on the car and the passenger front window stops working :pow:

On the bright side I put in all the lighted window switches. The little things really keep me motivated :nod: I think there was a thread about making the auto function work on the driver's window.. anyone remember that?

rI6VN1al.jpg

Last edited:
Requires some relay trickery to make it work.

Window issue...did you get the right switch in the right spot? Swap the left and right, the right side window won't work. Again, BTDT, traced my steps a couple times before I caught it.

When I was dealing with the master I ended up finally hitting up a forgotten parts supplier in town that actually knows **** is different so he was able to get the right master without dicking around with it. Then my booster went out a year later, back to finding one with the correct orientation. JY unit over reman for that so I could get one that didn't leak out of the box. lol

Window issue...did you get the right switch in the right spot? Swap the left and right, the right side window won't work. Again, BTDT, traced my steps a couple times before I caught it.

I had no idea they were side dependent. How very Volvo :lol: The window did work at first and then quit after the first test drive. Weird :wtf:

On the bright side I put in all the lighted window switches. The little things really keep me motivated :nod: I think there was a thread about making the auto function work on the driver's window.. anyone remember that?

rI6VN1al.jpg

You'll need the wiring and auto-down relay from an 850 to make that work.

You'll need the wiring and auto-down relay from an 850 to make that work.

Right on, thanks! I knew it was some OEM concoction :lol: If someone can find the original discussion thread they get +1 internets

Only the fronts are side dependent. Check the pinout on the bottom, the driver side has a pin the passenger side doesn't.

I popped it apart and now I see what you mean

I say this every page of this thread, but you guys and your knowledge are a huge help. TB is still good people :nod:

Coolin' in the garage:

n7b09Hll.jpg

Last edited:
Back