• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 244 1JZ and IRS track car

R 154 trans

Hi, well the trans is from a turbo 87 and it sits forward closer to the front due to the coolant hosing running in back of the head. I measured everything twice before doing the motor mounts as I had already purchased the stang lever and played with the measurements so i had an idea where it was gonna fall . Is already done and it feels like factory after 4 attempts but well worth the pain cause i was not gonna spent 200 bucks in a short shifter.
thanks for replying !!!
:rofl:

Tacoma.

Hi , on the tacoma swap. Did u used the same IS 300 pcm to run the engine?
I know they use a transponder to start so I wonder how u did it. Clean job too.
My car is here in turbo bricks. ( brickcupra)
I just have not posted any new pictures cause I dont know how because they changed the format
VIVA LA TOYOTA !!!
Dz :oogle:

Last edited:
Hi , on the tacoma swap. Did u used the same IS 300 pcm to run the engine?
I know they use a transponder to start so I wonder how u did it. Clean job too.
My car is here in turbo bricks. ( brickcupra)
I just have not posted any new pictures cause I dont know how because they changed the format
VIVA LA TOYOTA !!!
Dz :oogle:

I had it on the stock IS ecu originally, but it was having some unknown problems, possibly related to the immobilizer like you said. It is now on a 2JZ-GE Aristo ECU and running without problems

I had it on the stock IS ecu originally, but it was having some unknown problems, possibly related to the immobilizer like you said. It is now on a 2JZ-GE Aristo ECU and running without problems

Good info as I did not know this. Might consider a similar swap.

Good info as I did not know this. Might consider a similar swap.

Yes, it makes that engine really easy to swap. I know a lot of people stay away from VVTI but I love it. They are also very cheap to get.

I have heaps of wiring diagrams and documents if anybody is looking to do something similar, both 1JZ and 2JZ GE/GTE

why do you say the stock tank is nasty?

unless you go with a fuel cell the repops suck - they are thin metal

Thats what I was kind of getting at, I saw some replacement tanks online but was unsure on quality.

The tank is just rusted a bit and covered with grime, Maybe ill sand blast it and see how it looks. Then paint

Here is how I plan to mount the subframe

I made some 4" dia standoffs and will weld in a collar for the studs to sit in (not fully welded up yet

these will mount like to, then be welded to the c-channel between the frame rails.

for the front I will make some square boxes once the rear is in the right position, I will also add some tubing to tie the mounting standoffs together and probably some gussets or something.

Currently my welder is not working so this is keeping me from getting too far right now

got the rear subframe in after lots of cutting, it was pretty much a pain in the ass but its in there. Lots of welding to do. I had to take out a pretty good chunk on the frame rails on both sides so that will need to be reinforced.

IMG_5782_zpsjrjrtomx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am realizing I will need to tilt the subframe a bit forward, under compression the wheels are wanting to travel backwards relative to the frame. I will be cutting out the tack welds and modifying the mounts a bit to make this happen. You can see in the pics when the car is near the ride height it will sit, the wheels are a little bit back of center to the wheel wells.

and another pic of the subframe mounting set up (needs to be reinforced and fully welded still)

Last edited:
Really liking the subframe swaps, especially the rear. It looks a lot simpler and lighter than the IRS volvo used in the 7/9 series.
I did an IRS (from MK1 960) swap in my 940.. gained some weight in the back for sure! I guess it is good for traction... :D

Really liking the subframe swaps, especially the rear. It looks a lot simpler and lighter than the IRS volvo used in the 7/9 series.
I did an IRS (from MK1 960) swap in my 940.. gained some weight in the back for sure! I guess it is good for traction... :D

I dont think its lighter than the live axle that was in there, but It definitley looks simpler than the other volve IRS setups I have seen. I also happened the have this set up sitting around so decided to go for it! :zeeall:

Back