• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Propav8r buys a P2 V70R

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
Since I was in high school, I've always loved the P2 V70Rs. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, and when it was time to get something newer a few years back, I started looking seriously. The ones for sale at that time all seemed to have lots of issues or be stupid high mileage, so I wound up with a P2 T5 V70.

Fast forward a couple years and we finally dumped my wife's troublesome 530i, and she started daily driving the T5 wagon, leaving me with a sh<z>itbox 91 Mazda B2600i that I had traded a couple non-running motorcycles for. I don't hate the truck, it's endearing and useful for what it is, but a comfortable daily driver it is not.

We're doing pretty okay, and the thought of an R wagon had never quite left me, so I started looking again. Around this time, Hockey930 mentioned he was thinking of selling his '06 V70R with an M66. He had owned the car about 7 years at this point, and had done a lot of work to it.

Lowering Springs
Bremmer Kraft wheels
Offset camber bushings/adjustable toe arms in the back
IPD exhaust with an ebay downpipe
Hilton tune
SNABB fmic
VIVA Single mass flywheel/new clutch
Angle Gear sleeve replaced
Timing belt
Complete dent removal
All over paint job
Sony double-din stereo, 12" sub in the back

Once he got his 6-speed 535XI on the road, we started talking about me buying the R. We agreed on a price, and I picked up the car weekend before last.

I drove it home up the mountain from Charlotte, and of course had to take the scenic route.

MA3xpd8h.jpg

bO4HZJjh.jpg

sT4Dyruh.jpg

125k, Titanium Gray Metallic. Nordkap interior.

It needs a few minor things addressed...the radiator reservoir has the start of a crack and it's weeping a bit. Got that on order, should be an easy fix.

I took it down to upstate SC to pick up some wheels for the 240 this past weekend, and noticed an oil drip when I got back. That turned out to be just a drain plug washer that needs to be replaced, but while looking for the source of that leak, I did notice that the inner CV boot on the passenger side is split and slinging grease out.

I've got two boots on order, and I'll yank that axle and put new boots on it when those come in. The grease was all fresh, so I'm pretty certain I caught it right after it happened, so the axle itself should be fine.

I'd also like to clean up some minor wear on the Nordkap leather before it gets bad, but hey, minor stuff.

And there's now an R in my driveway :)

Very nice, much jealous, your driveway probably looks super hot with those two gorgeous V70s. Good score dude! I love my P2 XC, glad I bought it, haven't looked back since.

Very nice, much jealous, your driveway probably looks super hot with those two gorgeous V70s. Good score dude! I love my P2 XC, glad I bought it, haven't looked back since.

Yeah, the T5 just cracked 150k a few weeks back. It's been a great car for us. Starting to look a little rough around the edges cosmetically, but nothing that can't be addressed.

Love the wheels, congrats on the buy! VR <3

Thanks!

Looks great!
I'm kind of a P80 fan, but the P2's do look nice.

A T5R Yellow wagon is still on my "to-own" list.

I don’t think you’d find a better R than that. What a great place to start!

Yeah, that's really what swayed my decision. It's just been really well cared for.

Solid purchase. Now you have a reliable DD so you can get started on the '79!!!!

Yeah, get started on crushing it.

Nice. I love the P2R's. I've had 5 or 6 now.

Did you get VIDA for your T5? If you don't have it, get it.

Jordan

Got both boots replaced (even though only one was bad) on the D/S axle last night...getting the inner joint back together was fun.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish up the install tonight.

I don't plan on modding it more than it already is. It's plenty quick, makes great noises, and is fun.

I don't want to get into building a motor for it or anything.

Nice wagon, looks like it?s pretty nicely sorted out already. If I can suggest 1 more modification, it would a set of Kaplhenke Delrin front subframe bushings. They make such a huge difference to the front end, absolutely worth every penny.

Back