• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ignore list

alschnertz

Enough already!
Did a few searches but didn't find answers.

I was wondering if it's possible to see what users are ignored and/or by whom.
There are a few users on my ignore list so this led me to wonder if I'm on someone else's ignore list.

Paranoia or curiosity? Probably a little of both.

:???: Get a real life, man. Or, take some self esteem building classes.

And, why should anyone other than Administrators be able to see who ignores whom? :???:

It would be funny if there was a 'soft ban' option that basically put someone on a 100% ignore. But they could still post and generally be unaware that no one could see what they're posting.

It would be funny if there was a 'soft ban' option that basically put someone on a 100% ignore. But they could still post and generally be unaware that no one could see what they're posting.

About 20 years ago, a webmaster friend of mine was writing code for just this purpose :)

1ejnt9.jpg

Did a few searches but didn't find answers.

I was wondering if it's possible to see what users are ignored and/or by whom.
There are a few users on my ignore list so this led me to wonder if I'm on someone else's ignore list.

Paranoia or curiosity? Probably a little of both.

Ignore

just stopped by to say how awesome it would have been if no one replied to this thread

Agreed, that would be pretty funny. :lol:

I'd like to clarify my rather clumsily worded initial post.

I was simply wondering if there was a way (in the User CP) to see if I have any "ignores". I've come across that feature on other sites and think it makes me step back and review my comments in a different light prior to posting responses. Perhaps being more civil.
Like now, I guess!

Didn't mean to come off as a whinny jerk.
:cheers:

Back