• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's Volvo 740

Now that Boris has a mobility scooter what should he get for Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kofferbak volgeladen?

Loopt ie nou al op LPG????

All is ready execpt the line from the tank to the reducer. The connector is to close to the tank even with the adapter shorten to the point of unusable its not going to fit.
Pretty frustrating because that is the only thing keeping me from running on LPG

lpg.JPG

Ghetto low.

yep now just the front with the hausser springs, gonna find something lower and stiffer for White-Rice anyway. I am considering to also swap the shocks but i also like the smooth ride . so i'm not set on that yet

Last edited:
stif springs need stif shocks, otherwise the springs will overpower the shock action. (oversprung/ underdampened.)
soft springs with stif shocks is a nice combo (Peugeot approach)
soft springs with soft shocks makes the car into a f-ing barge...

It make sense to replace the shocks because i got red overload koni's from white-rice and with the LPG tank that is a welcome upgrade. I'l;l try to bolt everything over next saterday at the sleuteldag @ nordicar.. not yet posted but in stock is a set of swaybars that will also go on this car (not taken from white-rice but a second set :-))

I have JanSpeed's old stuff layong around somewhere.

Only thing I use are the bilsteins the rest was ehm.. 'Not up to spec' so I should have it somewhere.

oh and for the LPG messing with the tank valve, seems like its wrongly installed talking to people on the LPG forums on how to proceed and getting the right certificate.
Pretty frustrating this is takeing so long all the other stuff is in place and working

tank.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

installed the Hausser springs and bilstein shocks today and installed the front IPD bar.
not too many picutures because i was just too busy, many people made photo's (it was at a volvo meeting at a volvo garage) so if some funny ones pop up i'll post em up, here is what i got.
Just suprised i though it should be lower 4CM but maybe its the small wheels making it even higher, it went from 4x4 to normal car hight for my feeling

IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

with prices of petrol being the most expensive of all places in the world it makes sense if you want to drive something not really efficient.
I also now understand why my 760 looked lower.. the B230ET with airco etc etc must have been weighing a bit more than the B230K weights

well usually we are on top with prices on gas, lets just say our tax on fuel is the highest of the world then

Its been long overdo i post a photo of my GF :)
LPG is done just not yet running on it want to get it all checked by the LPG station first. hehe

IMG_4298.JPG

Haha i cannot believe my luck, finally found the way to hook up the last lines.
All installed just tight the nut on the valve switch .. *crack* goof thing the tank is already empty so i can just replace it but dam it this thing does not want to have LPG

lpg+switch.JPG

You can probably remove it in a few months time, with the possible taxes...

I kept that in mind when i started this, i need a DD and i will do enough KM's to make LPG worth it. But yeah i was hoping it would not get this far.

I dont mind paying for my DD but taking all the hobby cars does sting.. already starting to clean out.. you guys need a 144 for parts can be had cheap ;-)

LPG installation is done! talking to the factory who made the tank for the certificate, hopefully next week its will be checked and i should be done (if i did not mess up something ^^)

here's a photo of putting in the billies

boris1u.jpg

replaced the nasty antenna for a electric one i took of a 940. had to fiddle with the wiring to get it working on a old 740 i ended up daisy chaining it to the subwoofer works great :-)

antenne.JPG

Back