• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Build

is that block orange? or is that just a bad digital camera?

It's chevy red-orange it turned out more orange than I wanted though.

You and Lee really make me miss 240's (and REALLY hate living in smog states)

amazing job man!

Thanks dude, it was your old project that really got me motivated to take it this far!

Another beautiful 242 in the making. kudos man.

Doug, life will get a lot easier when you get out of Cali.

Thanks, when are we going to get some updates on your 242?

Spring Break 07! lots of work going on this week, will post a full update after

DSC02008.jpg

worked on the car pretty the entire spring break:

-completed the wastegate setup
-replaced the powersteering pump along with the correct brackets (thanks Dale!)
-wired up the windshield wipers
-finished all the metal body work
-fabricated transmission crossmember and installed poly mount
-Hankook 215/45/17 tires mounted and balanced
-installed rear lower bumper skirt
-half the interior installed
-new windshield
-one coat of rustoluem flat/gloss black(mostly flat) at the last minute (body really needs a lot of filler work, just had to get some paint on it for the test drive)

Overall the drive went really well no major problems. The suspension freaking rocks! No more clunking, just a really firm well damped ride. I'm definitely going to need some seats with more side bolster to put the suspension to use. Engine ran smooth, several runs up to 3-4 psi (it actually builds boost in 1st gear now!). After the engine had a decent tune I did one pull to 8 psi for a second, the motor just screamed (totally wanted more). The laptop died right after that and my buddy, Jeremy, hadn't burned the map to the controller(forgot to tell him he had to do that). So we lost it all and were stuck with the lean as balls original map, babied it home from there. Still need to get the driveshaft vibration shorted out, wire up a couple more things, and finished the bodywork. Hopefully, I'll come back for a week at the beginning of summer and get everything sorted out and bring the car back out to Fort Co. Didn't really take any pics all week, but here's a few from the drive:

DSC02044.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

hey Jacob feel free to post up some of your pics too!

After the engine had a decent tune I did one pull to 8 psi for a second, the motor just screamed (totally wanted more). The laptop died right after that and my buddy, Jeremy, hadn't burned the map to the controller(forgot to tell him he had to do that).

Uh, last I checked, Megasquirt isn't going to change the map in the controller until you burn it, so you weren't actually changing the tune.

Looks killer though! :volvo:

Wow.. I can't believe I didn't notice this thread till now! We will have a similar setup in engine combination (b21/HY35). I'll have to really keep an eye on this thread now.

That was my first time in a turbo 240. I'm hooked. God, I'm screwed.

haha you serious?

flat black makes it look almost reminiscent of bjorck's 242. At first glance it looked like you had the 86+ front end. Whats up with the trim on the rear quarter panel? Did you add that because as I recall the 242's never came with that crap

Last edited:
Uh, last I checked, Megasquirt isn't going to change the map in the controller until you burn it, so you weren't actually changing the tune.

Looks killer though! :volvo:

Why would the car go from running lean and bucking with afr's in the 15-17's all over to running smooth with afr's 12.5-14.7 while making changes without some Alt B action? With the motor idling I can hit shift up and watch the afr's change right there.

Back