• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Muellers '78 242 project, warning, it's ugly right now :)

made some blocks to "raise" the spindles

killed a few hours day in the shop...instead of working "on" the car and making real progress, I made a few parts that'll never be seen once installed :wtf:

made 4 of these puppies tonight (only need 2 of course, giving a friend the other 2 for his 244)

still need to clean it up some finish the edges to give in a nicer look...I might try out me anodizing kit that I've had for at least a year collecting dust on a shelf to give the spacers some protection and make them look a little nicer...

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpg
    IMG_4648.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,419
killed a few hours day in the shop...instead of working "on" the car and making real progress, I made a few parts that'll never be seen once installed :wtf:

made 4 of these puppies tonight (only need 2 of course, giving a friend the other 2 for his 244)

Yeah, you better have tie rod spacers before you put those on. The bumpsteer with the blocks and no tie rod spacers is VERY dangerous. Ask me how I know.... :)

time for an update.....

installed LH2.2 instead of the K-Jet.....put about 50 miles on a motor that has sat dormant for over 10 years before loosing all the water out of the radiator, compression test showed 0,0,0 and 30psi.

Pulled the head and wow, surprised the car ever ran....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have a few motors to chose from in my garage to use, so time to look at them again and pick the best one....

World Class T5 transmission, I "need" an overdrive !!!

the 242 currently has an M45(?) 4 speed with no overdrive....freeway driving at "normal" speeds is spinning the motor more than I would like...so I might as well install a better transmission while I have the motor out...time to take some dimensions and make an adapter plate.....

<strike>'90 Mustang 5.0 application</strike>

still a world class, however it is from a Ford 2.3 Turbo T-Bird, not the best gear ratios, but for an n/a car, not too bad....if they totally suck, I can upgrade to better ratios down the road...

Attachments

• P1010247.jpg
    P1010247.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
<strike>US Mail just showed up delievering goodies....

pistons and rods from JVAB, motor is an N/A so I went with flat tops and a 1mm overbore</strike>

Last edited:
Needs moar black wheels.

NEVER !!!!! :)

Does the T-5 need to be rebuilt?

The transmission looks to have been rebuilt before (non-factory sealant), however, I already bought a complete kit before taking it apart and might as well freshen it up again.
Gears are in great shape !!!

Attachments

• IMG_6030.jpg
    IMG_6030.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 970
<strike>decided to address my lack of limited slip differential.....as per JohnV's recommendation, I sourced a Toyota truck rear end (open diff) and a Toyota Supra center diff assembly.

The Supras come with a nice clutch pack type LSD, this is a true limited slip and should be a lot better than the G80 route.

For the truck rear end, I picked up the wrong one...this one has the 7.5" ring and pinion, I should have picked up the 8" unit, we'll see how this one holds up 1st, I think it'll be fine for my less than 300hp current goals.
The axle is the same width as a 240, 55" mounting surface to mounting surface, drum brakes to be replaced by discs.</strike>

Last edited:
wow, has it really been that long since I've worked on the car??

moved car from driveway and into the garage over the weekend.....plan is to try and work on it for a few hours per night.
A few pics of new wiring harness on top of the car, this is a 20 circuit universal unit, now to figure out how I want to route everything and what connectors to use

Attachments

• wires01.jpg
    wires01.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 768
  • wires02.jpg
    wires02.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 765
  • trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Back