• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Push in fan switch p/n for 2 speed control?

H3LlIoN

Hey all. I'm trying to do an e swap in my '93 240 and I've got an (unused) push in switch in my radiator that appears to be bad. I'm thinking the radiator was swapped somewhere down the line, because nothing is hooked up to the switch. Any way, does anyone have a p/n for a two speed fan switch that will go right in there? Thanks

2ah75mv.jpg

I hate digging up old threads, but this is the exact issue I ran into with no luck finding a switch myself. Were you (or anyone else) able to find a p/n?

same here...following along..

although I havent looked that hard. its probably posted SOMEWHERE in the conversion thread? but then again, that was years ago and whatever is posted probably changed by now.

I personally wouldn’t use that switch that comes in the radiator. I think on mechanical fan cars it’s an overheat switch for the pusher fan. But on regina cars it’s the main cooling fan switch. On around 215F, which I find a bit toasty. That’s probably why you thought it was 'bad’, because it doesn’t come on until it’s already almost overheating.

agreed. I pulled a nissens from a N/A 940 and it just has a plug. I assume its because they are controlled by the ecu

I have mine running off a Saab T in the lower rad hose, the switch is 87C which comes on right at 199F and shuts off at 180ish. I only use the high speed fan function as well. The bottom hose gets hot sooner than the top hose and will help protect the engine is you're low on coolant for some reason. I have a spare if anyone wants it pm me.

I have mine running off a Saab T in the lower rad hose, the switch is 87C which comes on right at 199F and shuts off at 180ish. I only use the high speed fan function as well. The bottom hose gets hot sooner than the top hose and will help protect the engine is you're low on coolant for some reason. I have a spare if anyone wants it pm me.

pm incoming

Back