• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My first brick... 1989 240 DL Wagon

Try to find the speaker grilles and spacers from a 90+ 240. Then you can mount 5 1/4 in front and they will look stock. Also find the grilles from the rear door cards so you can add larger speakers there too.

The rears will look like this

Sometimes I wonder if removing all that grime will help the car rust quicker/easier!

Also, if you replace the windshield and don't see an improvement, check the inlet on the drivers side where the cruise control goes into the drivers side fire wall. I have found that if the rubber hose has disintegrated if will allow water in!

Perfect, we have a guy that does all our windshields at the shop, I will have him pull and reseal this window and see if that works!

Try to find the speaker grilles and spacers from a 90+ 240. Then you can mount 5 1/4 in front and they will look stock. Also find the grilles from the rear door cards so you can add larger speakers there too.

Perfect, I will start hunting, I would definitely rather run 5.25" as they will give the system a more full sound. The 4" are a little high for me.

That door panel is actually from a wagon with the speaker and separate tweeter.

Are those tweeters a 1993 only item, were they an option or standard?

Thanks for the info guys! Look forward to getting some good audio in this thing. This is the first audiophile system I have put together, and this is entry level stuff.

Well, haven't got into the audio system any more yet. Rocking out to my Christmas jams with my stock 4's in the doors haha.

We did take the wagon out this weekend to pick up the Christmas tree... gotta love Florida!

**First and foremost, I am not affiliated with Justice Brothers, not even a dealer for them yet. We will see how their products do first.**

So we went out to SEMA this year and I met some of the guys from Justice Brothers, got to watch a few of their demos, and then discuss some product. A few of the things really intrigued me as far as the usefulness for my Volvo goes. So after contacting the company, a rep got hold of me at the shop and came by and dropped some stuff for me to try. So I figured I would post what I find about it. And if it makes a big difference, I will make a thread so others know.

I have been logging fuel mileage since I got the vehicle. And I document when I make changes to the car, or perform a service. This helps me see what makes changes to fuel consumption. I will post that stuff later when I get home. For now I will give you the first product description and my thoughts on it.

It is a three part system that is supposed to treat the injectors through the gas, treat deposits and build up in the engine through the oil, and treat the intake system and valve build up through an induction service. I have always heard induction services don't work that great, but it was free, so I am trying it haha

First thing you do is pour the 100 in the gas, then the 200 in the oil, and then I.V. Drip the 300 into a vacuum line. He said the drip would take about 45 minutes, it ran well over an hour for me. Maybe I should have sped the drip up, who knows. I did notice if the flow of the 300 was too heavy, the engine would bog down.

Now my reasons for doing this are simple. 1. I think my fuel mileage is low. 2. The engine just didn't seem to run smoothly. Could feel a slight miss and vibration at idle. 3. Throttle response was meh... now it is an n/a B230f, so it can't get too awesome.

So this is the kit I used-

This is the Drip System he loaned me. You set the drip with a little dial wherever you want it.

So after this was finished, I took it on a quick test drive. The first thing I noticed was the better throttle response. Not necessarily faster, but just smoother. The power also felt like it was delivered a little more smoothly all the way through the powerband. It is one of those things that's hard to put into words, but if you are in tune with how your car's drive, then you will notice the change.

The car does idle a lot smoother now. It still have a little hiccup here and there, think I may have a small vac leak somewhere I need to track down. But sitting at lights the car idles quiet and smooth. It's kind of nice :nod:

I haven't completely gotten the tank of gas through it since doing it, so I will post up more about the change in fuel mileage and see how it does. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer.

Last week got the flooding problem on my 245. There?s a plastic pipe down the red circle that comes into the cockpit with a rubber seal. when mud and dirt come under the hood, they make a pile in the back of the suspension tower and water floods into the car through that tube.
You just have to clean it and add some silicone seal to the tube.
If you want, i can take some pics of my car showing that to explain in better, sorry for my poor english.

rita4h.jpg

Last week got the flooding problem on my 245. There?s a plastic pipe down the red circle that comes into the cockpit with a rubber seal. when mud and dirt come under the hood, they make a pile in the back of the suspension tower and water floods into the car through that tube.
You just have to clean it and add some silicone seal to the tube.
If you want, i can take some pics of my car showing that to explain in better, sorry for my poor english.

I will check this ASAP, we have rain in the forecast all weekend. If you snag more pictures, post them up, that would be awesome.

just out of curiosity. what are you getting for milage?

The first few weeks I was shooting for good mileage, driving slow and seeing how the car went. I can only guess that is why I got the mileage up to around 26 mpg. Once the car was running right, i drive it harder and have a little more fun in it, So I am averaging 22-23ish under normal driving.

Here is my logged mileage to date-

10/22/15- 13.2g ($29) 275m 20.8 MPG
Performed Tune-Up (Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Air Filter)
10/29/15- 12.76 ($25) 288m 22.6 MPG
11/9/15- 11.74 ($23) 287m 24.4 MPG
11/14/15- 10.38 ($22) 275m 26.5 MPG (Added Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner at 1.2 Tank)
11/20/1- 13.3 ($27) 300m 22.6 MPG
11/25/15- 12.3 ($24.50) 287m 23.3 MPG
11/29/15- 12.78 ($27.70) 282m 22.1 MPG
Performed Justice Brothers Induction Service

Here is where my flood problem started, in the back of an lhd car driver?s side suspension tower

2w32hl2.jpg

You have to clean mud where the red arrow points. The blue one points the tube you have to disassemble, clean and seal:

k88zs.jpg

Thanks, I will locate and clean up both those spots and get that tube resealed!

So I took a little cruise this weekend with a friend. He had to go buy a Passat over north of Orlando, and there was a set of wheels that I wanted to pick up on the way. Did see a sweet Volvo 245 in the neighborhood where I snagged up the wheels.

Some wheel photos-

A little picture of him following me in the bagged Passat on the way home.

225/50/16 was slight stretch on my old ones. Pretty meaty if that's the look you're going for.

1070059_10151810163994363_194356733_n.jpg

Wheels are going to look great.

This is exactly the issue I mentioned a few weeks ago! I had the entire interior out of the car, so it was a little easier to pin point. It is an outlet for the cruise control vacuum line to enter into the passenger compartment.

Here is where my flood problem started, in the back of an lhd car driver?s side suspension tower

2w32hl2.jpg

You have to clean mud where the red arrow points. The blue one points the tube you have to disassemble, clean and seal:

k88zs.jpg

225/50/16 was slight stretch on my old ones. Pretty meaty if that's the look you're going for.

Little less meat... I don't want to look too aggressive with my overly powerful n/a redblock haha

Wheels are going to look great.

This is exactly the issue I mentioned a few weeks ago! I had the entire interior out of the car, so it was a little easier to pin point. It is an outlet for the cruise control vacuum line to enter into the passenger compartment.

These things can have cruise control!?! :grrr: and Thanks, really excited to get the wheels cleaned up.

Little less meat... I don't want to look too aggressive with my overly powerful n/a redblock haha

These things can have cruise control!?! :grrr: and Thanks, really excited to get the wheels cleaned up.

They are 9.5" wide, they are going to look pretty meaty no matter the tire size. Resist the urge to go full blown stretch and poke. Just turbo the car and eventually you'll actually need the wider tires anyway.

Actually just do whatever you want. Those wheels will look great no matter what you do.

Back