• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The New Official East vs West 2015 Thread

How do y'all feel about linking to some standard conversion to get a 1/4 ET:

http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tool.php#3

If you plug in the 8.7 1/8 above you get a 13.61 1/4 pass. Does that sound reasonable? I know there are lots of 1/8 mile tracks around these days. A couple in Southern California where we have alot of members. (for the west team too).

a 2.1 60 is average at best. I get mad if I cut anything over a 2.0 on street tires at DD pressure.

lower tire pressure, better burnout. Be careful of wheelhop with et streets, you'll break stuff quick fast and in a hurry.

It hasn't counted for points in the past, how are we going to handle that? (And by how are we, I really mean how are you ;) )

this is most excellent though, already a flurry of activity. Good job Ken!

I'm hopefully going to the track tonight, being there by myself how could I make my time count? Seems like my only option would be to find a gopro.

Snap a picture of that time slip at the track with your car in the background with matching number. Post here. Celebrate...

Many submissions will be completely on the honor system I expect. Do your best to prove it was you and your car. We will let the Turbobricks peers in your neighborhood shake out any shady business. "What? That guy doesn't even have a Volvo!"

And good luck.

yeah there's no big prize or anything like that, it's always more or less been on the honor system, pic of the slip ideally with the car & number, but I don't recall anyone throwing the BS flag from the inception of the contest, keep it clean and fun!

How do y'all feel about linking to some standard conversion to get a 1/4 ET:

http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tool.php#3

If you plug in the 8.7 1/8 above you get a 13.61 1/4 pass. Does that sound reasonable? I know there are lots of 1/8 mile tracks around these days. A couple in Southern California where we have alot of members. (for the west team too).

eh rather than convert individual slips, maybe just have a breakdown for 1/8th mile that corresponds to the 1/4 mile chart. I guess that's kinda the same thing, except you'd front load the effort and just plug numbers in after that..

Yeah, I don't mind waiting until I can run a 1/4. No worries. I just wanted to get a baseline for the car, first time I've run it.

A C5 Z06 edged me out ...8.6 to my 8.7.

If you guys decide to offer partial points for 1/8 mile, I'll submit the slip.

I'll throw up the 940's shakedown trip best.
160635342.jpg

Car Number: 04
Username: slowvolvoguyinalabama :shifty-eyes: :tux:
Model: 940. :zeeall:
Mods: Stock :ahem: :neener:

Last edited:
I have been waiting to see this. Nice work, and look at that mph!! Damn. You are gonna need a chute to slow that girl down.

Lay it down Tyler!

Where are all the rest of the drag racing Turbobricks these days? Send me some time slips.

hot, busy. I'll try and get goldibrix to the track this year, but I dunno, we'll see. my fall is getting blown the F up right now

On my list, may try a run with once the 531 goes on, see if I can crack off a 13.2 or so, since I won't throw on the slicks until the 2004r goes in.

I'm planning to run as soon as I can make some new intercooler pipes, I've been blowing them off ever since I've actually had injectors that could support much boost on e85.

First time to the track for me and for this car, last year, I ran a 15.2 @ 94, and that was before a good ignition tune, e85, the buchka goodies, the gears and the intercooler; so I have high hopes.

I think everyone on the board with performance mods should try to run at least once a year or when they make significant changes. I think it's super cool comparing times against others driving the same car. I don't care much for drag racing, building a fun daily street car that can autox is my thing but it is good fun to go out and see how my build can hold up against other rwd Volvo enthusiasts across the country.

Back