• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Group Beige Turbo LS Swap

So... Painting the hood or not?
IMO all one color would be preferred especially if you're going to cough up real $$ for paint.
Main benefit of CF being weight anyway, only reason not to paint it #becauseracecar or maybe resell value on a very difficult to acquire part.

I vote white single stage, skip the clear.

dude frozen white would be tighter than butt cheeks. I installed some super sweet carbon splitters/rear spoiler/mirror covers on a new m3 last week with that color. So digging the matte finishes

I, for one, actually like the contrast caused by showing your carbon fibre against an otherwise one-tone paint job. I'd keep it, goes well with the black trim pieces.

Car looks good, either way would be fine. Perhaps at least haul in the old hood and have it painted at the same time and keep it on the shelf as a just in case.

So... Painting the hood or not?
IMO all one color would be preferred especially if you're going to cough up real $$ for paint.
Main benefit of CF being weight anyway, only reason not to paint it #becauseracecar or maybe resell value on a very difficult to acquire part.

I vote white single stage, skip the clear.

No I'm not painting at $1, 000 dollar super rare cabon hood... its lighter without paint correct? Not that that little bit matters. But in my opinion it would be stupid to ever paint it. I love the look of the carbon regardless what anyone thinks. Also this paint wont be a crappy single stage, it will be base then a light pearl blue which will only show under certain light. then 3-4 coats of clear.

Last edited:
I'm sure this will turn out a sweet ride, but....

Once you change that paint, the title for this project is then null and void.

Jus sayin...

I'm sure this will turn out a sweet ride, but....

Once you change that paint, the title for this project is then null and void.

Jus sayin...

thanks, and :lol: i know! i planned on keeping it beige, but with the small rear window rust area which turned out to be a hole and with the whole front clip not matching it makes more sense to repaint the whole car than try and blend from two different ways on a 30 year old paint job. and since its getting repainted i might as well pick out a color i really like!

How dare you paint your own car how you want to
:rofl:

I vote beige- super awesome status will be forever beyond reach if the original paint code is ignored.

Back