• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Matty's 760T build

another update:

My baby is SICK. After much hard work and discussion I've come to the conclusion that I somehow managed to destroy my fuel injectors when repairing some o-ring leaks. I was very careful when pulling everything apart but I noticed that 2 of my injectors were missing that little needle on the end when I re-capped them. Because I was so careful and saw no damaged pieces laying around on my work bench I just assumed that's how they always were and put them back in the car. Apparently that was the wrong thing to do. The car is running so rich it's just pouring black smoke out of the exhaust.

Also, during this time I managed to crack the upper radiator plastic causing the radiator to have to be replaced. This is frustrating but not entirely unexpected. Another $120 down the crapper.

So now I've ordered a new radiator and upper hose (tank broke off in hose) and picking up a set of JY injectors from a local TB member. I'm going to send them off the Injector-rehab.com to be rebuilt and fully flowed and balanced. After that it's just a matter of swapping them over and correcting the wastegate tension and she should be golden.

I don't think anyone else is following this anymore but I'm using it more of a log for my records. If a mod could please relocate it to the "projects" thread that would be awesome.

Picked up the injectors today. They are packaged up and ready to ship off tomorrow morning to NJ to injector-rehab.com. $10 for injectors, $68 for a full rebuild, flow test and all new o-rings, including return shipping can't be beat. throwing these back in the car will make it run like new.

I'm REALLY holding out to see what happens w/ nathinwa's raffle. If I win a new intake manifold I'm going to run it and a new billet fuel rail with these injectors and just do the whole swap all at one time.

I've picked up a nice, simple vacuum distribution block off ebay for $24shipped. I'm going to use it to clean up and re-route all of the vacuum lines and get them off the stock manifold. I think it'll really clean up the look of the engine bay if I can mount the block down low and close the engine block, under the manifold. Removed a lot of that clutter and just cap off all the open nipples.

I think the next "performance" mod is going to be gutting out the stock cat. Should be a quick afternoon job that would help keep my new turbo from blowing up. With all of the oil and excess fuel that thing is spewing I'm sure the cat is beyond ruined. Should be a performance gain and a fuel efficiency gain as well.

Thanks but don't get attached to the color. It's getting a full color change very soon. Something I've always wanted to do and I think it'll turn out pretty fly. I'll be sure to post tons of pics when I do it. May even do a small video if I have enough hands here to help.

still waiting on my injectors and radiator to show up and then I'm going to borrow a friends garage and we're going to start paint and body work. I think it's going to "balliferous" when it's finished....my friend....not so much.

Still in the market for some sort of upgraded suspension pieces but will focus more on bushings and braces than springs and shocks for now. My factory nivomats still work great but I'm hoping that yanking that stuff will open up a few more options for me as well reduce some weight (?? anyone know if there is a difference??)

Ok, so time for another long-winded update. Things have been hectic here but I'm trying to get everything squared away for SE-XI this year. I wanna roll in style and not worry about leaks, squeaks or boost creeps. So here's the current list of everything that's been done:

New Oil cap (old one leaked under boost)
new distributor (oil pouring INSIDE the cap even after both o-rings being replaced)
new ac accumulator, orifice tube, suction line and re-charge.

I also purchased a new powered steam washer. I'm planning on steaming out the engine bay and everything underneath to keep a tight eye on leaks and problem issues. Also, there's no point in driving around in a dirty car. Steam the grease and crude off and be done with it.

Also have $300 worth of Plasti-Dip sitting in my game room ready to go on the car. I didn't see a need to put it on before fixing the leaks and major issues. I've also got a real pimp rear spoiler that I need to prep and mount before painting so it can all match. I think it's going to look nice once I get it all together. I'll be sure to post pics and maybe a few videos of us AL hoons dipping the swedish steele.

Next on the list is getting the distributor installed this week and getting the car steam cleaned to perfection. then I'll get with Kahlua and get this spoiler prepped and mounted. then paint. Then I should be done for the most part. Suspension and more boost will have to wait until after the meet.

Why not? We've been discussing this in another thread already. I've used these in ALL of my turbocharged and supercharged cars without issue. In fact in my older turbo pinto (2.3L turbo ford, very similar to THIS engine) it made a HUGE improvement.

I'm not opposed to swapping them out but someone has to be able to tell me why, logically.

I can't say why but I've tried the Irridium instead of my Bosch copper plugs...and it was a bad idea!
My car lost a lot of torque and also power...

I'm back to my previous Bosch copper plugs, and my car come back to life...:e-shrug:

Back