• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Manbeard's "HEY YOU'RE NOT DOING THAT RIGHT" 940

Manbeard

OG 5EURO OG
10471211_2477832990448_6598824331424787324_n.jpg

picked up a 94 940 turbo. needs a head gasket. got it for $500 oh yea. mint interior. woo. gonna start working on it tomorrow at work if i can go in!

i thought of so many ways to make you feel bad about this thread (and your life) that i couldn't decide on one.

took the head off today. gasket is blown fo sho. thermostat was wrecked and head was super warped. already got the new head gasket and thermostat at work. taking the head to the machine shop tomorrow and hopefully all back together by the weekend

now would be a great time to do a bunch of head work!

i hogged the intake and exhaust out a little bit. didn't get too crazy though.

i got the head back today. opened the holes a little bit for moar flows. the machinist said everything checked out alright! i put the new head gasket on, head and cam torqued down, cleaned errthang. gotta do a couple odds and ends and itll be boosting soon!

hahaha my goal with this car was to get it running, (eventually) put a bigger turbo on it, exhaust, suspension, and wheels and just drive it! in the mean time, after I get the 940 legal I'm fixing all the little piddly things in my jeep and selling it. then getting an xj or tj so I can still wheel but won't have a payment.

also. the Volvo runs and boosts now! got everything put back together now. gotta mess with ignition timing to get it exact (didnt have no timing light handy) but its ready! gonna see if I can throw it on the dyno at work to get a baseline and to see if its close or better than the stock 162hp rating it got from the factory. I'm excited

Ignition timing is not adjustable on LH2,4 cars, at least not by turning the distributor. If it runs, the timing is correct. :)

yeah if its not running right, you have another issue. but if it seems to be running well, get a wideband in there and turn up the boost!

Back