• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k18: September 26-30

I'm up for wheeling if there's a group of people who want to off-road. Or riding along on a road loop.

Not on the agenda: trying to keep up with people on the road in a lifted 4Runner. Lol.

I'm up for wheeling if there's a group of people who want to off-road. Or riding along on a road loop.

Not on the agenda: trying to keep up with people on the road in a lifted 4Runner. Lol.

I was telling jared that I'm down for a drive but I'll be in the back. Stock 3.27 or whatever gearing makes for a slow trip lol. I know Derrick and I were talking about going up to right outside asheville to a little trail called hurricane creek. It's about an hour and a half north of the lodge. Jared was also saying there were a good amount of trails or forestry roads around too. I'm always down for splorin

The winch is mostly just a 'good luck charm' that helps talk you into doing things on trails you probably shouldn't be doing.

The winch is mostly just a 'good luck charm' that helps talk you into doing things on trails you probably shouldn't be doing.

Hahahaha that's how it was with my Rubicon. With lockers, 35s, and a winch I felt like I could do anything. But I was always the first to get stuck

so... second trip to the grocery is on order for tomorrow. ran through today, got roasting pans for the porks, spices for the rub, and various things for an office potluck tomorrow..... and forgot the **** I need for the bbq sauce. Oh well.

Threw down the shopping gauntlet today.

120lbs of charcoal
72lbs of pork butt
34lbs of ground beef
18lbs of BACON
10 dozen eggs
Hot dogs
Brats
Sausages
Corn
Collards
Pancakes
An incredible variety of cheese for Mac and Cheese
Green beans
Potatoes
Fresh tomatoes
Mountain apples
Spaghetti
Sandwich goods
Baking sundries
Whiskey (Irish, Tennessee, and Corn)
Beer (domestic swill, bring your own good stuff)
The list goes on

Lawd hammercy

Kenny - bring me some honey, honey

I'm bringing some peppers from the garden... not a lot because the hurricane did a number on them.
I'll bring 2 coolers of beer and a large bottle of vodka from costco that i have laying around. Do we need to figure out an ice situation?

I'm bringing some peppers from the garden... not a lot because the hurricane did a number on them.
I'll bring 2 coolers of beer and a large bottle of vodka from costco that i have laying around. Do we need to figure out an ice situation?

Ice is really the big question mark. In years past, we've just raided the ice machine in cullowhee. Unfortunately, that's not an option this year.

I have an abundance of coolers. The pork is thawing in one large one now. That should have no problem staying cold for a few days.

The rest of the stuff should mostly fit in the fridge.

We'll probably have to make some ice runs once the pork really starts to thaw though. I have a case of water bottles in the freezer now as makeshift icepacks, so that will help too without making meat juice soup in the coolers.

Ice is really the big question mark. In years past, we've just raided the ice machine in cullowhee. Unfortunately, that's not an option this year.

I have an abundance of coolers. The pork is thawing in one large one now. That should have no problem staying cold for a few days.

The rest of the stuff should mostly fit in the fridge.

We'll probably have to make some ice runs once the pork really starts to thaw though. I have a case of water bottles in the freezer now as makeshift icepacks, so that will help too without making meat juice soup in the coolers.

Okay, so last post before leaving the realm of cell service... Smoker is patched up, trailers are loaded, and we're headed up the hill.

The weather isn't the greatest, but we will overcome. Forecast looks better once Friday rolls around.

Landline for the lodge: (828) 293-9922

Y'all travel safe. I'll keep the beer cold.

xKiXk5zl.jpg

Back