• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Super low mile 145

Råda

Volvoretard/Partshoarder
Yesterday I saw a bright orange '73 145 driving down the road so I had to stop and take look.

When I walked up to it it looked so shiny I thought it was a re-spray. But when I saw the odo and ran the license plate I was pretty shocked. It only had 1640 km (~1000 mi) on the odo and had not been safety inspected since 1974 and therefore had been illegal to drive since 1975. It also looked to have the original tires on.

Judging by the condition and the history I could find I'd say that milage is correct. Pretty amazing!
it's the second lowest mile old car I've seen outside a museum.

Untitled by Jonas Volvo, on Flickr

Last edited:
wow so clean. love the orange, looks like the same orange on my 75 242

so did 73s in europe have solid mounts for the bumpers? they look like the proper 73 thick ones but so tucked

EDIT: or are these 72 and below bumpers with 73 rubber stripping?

also looks like 164 wheels by the lip depth

Last edited:
Very cool. What is with the trim piece coming out of the headlight bezel on each side?

Like said before headlight wipers. Optional on 73 and standard on 74 here.

wow so clean. love the orange, looks like the same orange on my 75 242

so did 73s in europe have solid mounts for the bumpers? they look like the proper 73 thick ones but so tucked

EDIT: or are these 72 and below bumpers with 73 rubber stripping?

also looks like 164 wheels by the lip depth

It's color code 113.
I'm no 140 expert but I think it's the same bumpers as the pre 73 but different rubber. Not like the ones you guys got.

By trim do you mean wiper arms?

Those are original 73 euro mini commando bumpers. European laws didn't require the bumper come out so far=euro bumper shocks.

By trim do you mean wiper arms?

Those are original 73 euro mini commando bumpers. European laws didn't require the bumper come out so far=euro bumper shocks.

Yes. I can't even imagine a wiper blade on a headlight surface like that. It would not have occurred to me that is what those are.

Yes, safety inspection once a year is mandatory. Unless it's 30 years or older, then it's every other year. The car was inspected later that day, so it's now legal again.

Safety inspection. If you read the top it says it has not had a safety inspection since 74. OP says its illegal in 75 so it seems logical to say It needs one every year. It's a 73 model

Just can't understand why don't they pass the inspection, but good new for the actual owner :)
Love that car

Last edited:
Back