• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

part number 1304975 240 wiper cap thing, anyone have one or know where to get one

This?

s-l500.jpg

I already bought two of those you posted but I need these. My drivers side shaft was frozen and the aluminum housing cracked. I have the dash off now fixing the blower/heater/ac and I want to fix my wiper situation for good also if I can.

wipers4747.jpg

I always thought there has to be some location on the car where a rubber nipple would come in handy. Those always crack where you show in the photo. Maybe some rtv or something like the tool handle dip might fix it?

If all else fails , no 700 series cars to get parts from, you can try this. Take the cap to your local Home Depot. Go the section that sells the replacement caps for the feet of fold up chairs and see if you can find one the same size. Then just drill a hole through it. I know it's a hack but it may just work.

I already bought two of those you posted but I need these. My drivers side shaft was frozen and the aluminum housing cracked. I have the dash off now fixing the blower/heater/ac and I want to fix my wiper situation for good also if I can.

wipers4747.jpg

Oh the shaft seal, why didn't you say so?

NLA afik, although Art posted the PN in his writeup.

Took me ~15 cars in the junkyards to find two of them.

:x:

:x:

Think i'd be able to sell 200 of them if I had a mold made? That guy on ebay sells a ton of those covers...

Give them a call, if they have them, see if they?ll put 10 of them in a padded envelope and mail them for a small fee.

They emailed me back when I asked about shipping and said its a mistake on the website...they don't have any.

Back