• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 2019 April 26-28

Yesterday was a bust. Talked to Felix and it sounds like it was a dog soggy ride anyway.

Fixed the bike up, should be on the road on an hour or so.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/AUKvGCg"><a href="//imgur.com/AUKvGCg"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

People are in town, shens have begun.

So...will the world stop, being we have this many tb'ers assembled in 2 different parts of the country at the same time?

the food was great and plentiful. smoked butts, grilled burgers, hotdogs, hundreds of packages of tater tots were fried, the shop trash cans are full of beer bottles and a couple water bottles, some hopes and dreams were left on the rollers, others were elated, metric tons of trashtalk poured forth into the streets

no one got arrested or pulled over (that I'm aware of at least), only really one possible case of alcohol poisoning, and everyone already knows who that was (not me).

only one person got stung by the resident apis, and it was on purpose (and recorded)

Cool. Besides the intentional stinging and alcohol poisoning, any Feats Of Strength? (buddy of mine always includes that and the Airing Of Grievances to any drinking event)

Had to get some "Gas" on the way down

8OUnKgUh.jpg

Friday Evening at HeebHQ

That's no Volvo!

nHVZXTBh.jpg

Sr.'s V8 car:

73UgPmSh.jpg

p9VFFmwh.jpg

Sr.'s flathood turbo:

KsUMbjqh.jpg

Mo's ridiculously nice 16V Turbo

HFlNE8ih.jpg

1dxHAsrh.jpg

Timing struggles limited this car all weekend. Believe they got some better results after I dipped Sunday AM. I'll let Kenny chime in.

Saturday's lineup:

YiBZNXph.jpg

Ced's BMW was the torque champ for the weekend

h7hqwVbh.jpg

King Heeb in his natural habitat

Qd9Im1zh.jpg

Mike Jr.'s/Emmet's T5 C30 made 189 wheel but sounded damn good doing it.

VCKils4h.jpg

MENNAAAAGGEE AYYY

MiPuABOh.jpg

Yeah...

Icaiizih.jpg

The Doctor is In. RS3 with (I think) an intake pipe, downpipe, flash, and maybe something else I can't remember...anyway, basic bolt-ons, and it's a 600whp car.

dbzwzhdh.jpg

7taX016h.jpg

Felt like Andre

JaRqPdMh.jpg

Turbobees

bPdGCA3h.jpg

HP gain for the weekend. +63HP just by throwing timing at it.

6DnoE3Uh.jpg

qWMZ4E8h.jpg

The Mahindra fulfills its destiny.

notj2Q6h.jpg

Matt inexplicably burning his bedsheets

X3yoLslh.jpg

SQUATTED BRO

jmUYeV4h.jpg

Heading home...

mxbLmr8h.jpg

Made a pitstop at Barber

DJnc6eUh.jpg

Wj9R4cPh.jpg

5DWk0bWh.jpg

9ljnKLLh.jpg

ajMT8v9h.jpg

Another stop to stretch my legs

qQnDPKdh.jpg

Ht8B17ih.jpg

And just a few miles from home....

26Jth2dh.jpg

Kenny, as always, thank you for the hospitality and Sam for the storytelling. Always good to see y'all and meet a couple new people along the way.

I drove 14 hours with no brakes there. Left with brakes but lowered. The wagon didn't like the extra weight and the NVH sucked on the way home.

That blue 242 Turbo was not mine- but it looks like mine.
Nice to see old friends- thanks to Kenny and Sam, Wren for cooking(Love the tots!)

Had a good trip home and my car dies in the driveway as I pull in- dead MS2.

Not sure on feats of strength, there was a contingent of folks mixing dried ghost and reaper peppers with various alcohols. I have a sneaking suspicion this ultimately contributed heavily to matt's untimely demise adjacent the bonfire.

Other noteworthy casualties:
R's a/c appears to have flaked again. betting an o-ring is leaking up front (dammit). it took a couple cans about a month ago, this is not a habit I'm going to tolerate. This is unrelated to the weekend I imagine
Blue 242 apparently blew a caliper out on the front. guess life cannot continue without wheel spacers. I was so looking forward to it being returned to it's owner sooner rather than later.

We did make some progress on Mo's car, still not really happy with the product but after adjusting the cams we got it to do various cool things, and the final power numbers at 12psi were around 250whp and tq. Timing is still... very low, and looking at the knock sensor data cylinder number 2 gets loud much earlier than the others despite it having approximately 2 degrees of timing pulled out. The graph looks fairly normal now, however, so progress was made, just not as much as would have been appreciated.

Have some theories, sent him home with a set of car cams, have had good results from those before, so we may explore that. Stopped short of putting some e85 in the tank to see if it's just an octane limitation or something more sinister like valve seal

Back