• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Random no start and power issues

Svenska_Monokrom

Professional Lowballer
I'm aware that this is a mostly 240 forum but I have that one random question for a 1999 volvo v70t5. Im sure there are quite a bit of people who have dealt with them.

So basically this is a v70t5, its had its engine swapped a few times now and now that we have a "properly running one" were getting hit with a weird no start issue.

It starts immidiately first time, pretty much when cold. But then after its warmed up it starts struggling to start typically starting after a minute or 2 of cranking.

Along with this, the car has some electric related issue that randomly turns off and back on the interior lights as if you were just getting in the car aaaaaaaaand this electric issue also causes the car to struggle to stay on, never quite dying but definitely sounds like its not enjoying life.

The batterys brand new, the alternator seems to be functional, and weve never had this problem with previous engines.

I basically just need ideas, things that could cause this issue. Weve kinda targeted the systems surrounding the vvt but still unsure of what exactly could be causing this all. Its funny cause this is the last issue before the cars actually driveable again.

Thankssss :)

Electrical issues are always challenging for me.

Have you tested for fuel/air/spark?

everything seems to be working properly, unless theres something hidden im missing. My friend says that at least the starting issue may be related to the camshaft position sensor.

everything seems to be working properly, unless theres something hidden im missing. My friend says that at least the starting issue may be related to the camshaft position sensor.

If everything were working properly, your car would start.

Start with codes. Current and history. Get scan tool on there and monitor cam and crank data and see if there there are any other data PIDs that show anything anamolous.

If I had a project OBD 2 Volvo, I would try to get my hands on a VIDA setup.

Back