• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Might have missed it, but what color?

It's really a sad statement about my life that these are the things I dream about; but I had a dream last night this car came up in some beautifully done but awful bright teal color. But what does it mean?!

That shell looks awesome! Going to be quite a car.

Might have missed it, but what color?

Fiat 500 "Verde Chiaro" (light green)

58124384.jpg

(not sure if that'll hot link).

I just LOVE this color. It's kind of like a lighter version of Berkshire Green which makes it all the cooler to me.

Just think, all the things that have grown, changed, and become available since your last 240, let alone the knowledge, both new and things you didn't know then. It'll be nice to see this progress and get done, plus then I won't be the only fast wagon in the area. :)

Cool Project!:D Will defintly follow up on this thread:)
Nice guitar pics also, dreaming about fixing my first guitar someday but no experience makes it scary to start:p

Don't we call that Seafoam green on TBricks?

It's a bit more minty than that, in the guitar world this is Seafoam:

139153615.jpg

I actually still have most of that quart left from that guitar... :oogle::oogle::oogle:

On a different note, once I got a chance to really look the car over decided I was not happy with the job so back off it goes. Ugh. Also, the rear floor pan behind the driver seat was worse than I thought. I'm probably going to have to get a new pan and weld it in. The rest of the car is solid though with only a few little typical light surface rust spots. Below the battery tray has a couple of pinholes but I think that's fixable without cutting.

So can you still get floor pans or am I rolling from scratch?

On a different note, once I got a chance to really look the car over decided I was not happy with the job so back off it goes. Ugh. Also, the rear floor pan behind the driver seat was worse than I thought. I'm probably going to have to get a new pan and weld it in. The rest of the car is solid though with only a few little typical light surface rust spots. Below the battery tray has a couple of pinholes but I think that's fixable without cutting.

So can you still get floor pans or am I rolling from scratch?

http://www.fixmyrust.com/Category/1967-1975_Volvo_240_Parts

Woah those are wayyyy cheaper than I thought they would be

Seriously, no kidding. That's a no brainer honestly. Thanks Ken!

Just think, all the things that have grown, changed, and become available since your last 240, let alone the knowledge, both new and things you didn't know then. It'll be nice to see this progress and get done, plus then I won't be the only fast wagon in the area. :)

Exactly. I'm excited about this. Should be the best of everything I've learned from the 242 and the T5R combined with how far the balls been moved forward the last few years in my absence.

Cool Project!:D Will defintly follow up on this thread:)
Nice guitar pics also, dreaming about fixing my first guitar someday but no experience makes it scary to start:p

Guitars are easy compared to what you're doing! All you need to do is find that maple welding rod ;) (honestly- I think you more than have the skill set for it).

Back